- Dell Technologies
Healthcare - Allied Health
1103 Market St
Job ID R1901884 Date posted Feb. 20, 2019
A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate and innovate, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibilities
The Solutions Engineer position offers an opportunity to join our dynamic company as an integral part of a talented team transforming the technology landscape.
The VMware Solution Engineer plays an important role in the pre-sales process by partnering with our sales teams to build and sustain long-term customer relationships while driving the adoption of our solutions to achieve our revenue goals. The SE is a high-impact, highly visible role responsible for ensuring pervasive enterprise adoption of VMware software solutions and closing enterprise transactions within assigned accounts in the high-growth Healthcare sector.
Core job function:
* You will work hand-in-hand with the VMware Field Sales teams to develop and deliver customer solutions.
* Have the opportunity to build deep, consultative relationships with your customers acting as a trusted advisor.
* You are positioned to understand the customer's high-level business objectives, and match these to VMware solutions to satisfy the customers' technical requirements.
* Your strong customer facing and relationship building skills, coupled with your consultative sales approach help you see the \"big picture\" and develop innovative solutions to your customer's challenges.
* You will present VMware's value proposition, technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to executives, technical management, and technical engineers.
* Everyone at VMware is responsible for pipeline growth, but a great SE always seeks to identify new customer opportunity or demand for VMware solutions within their named accounts, as well as participate in demand generating events and activities.
* You will work collaboratively with your partner Account Executive to develop business cases and value justifications to support world-class value propositions to your customer.
* Ensure that all proposed solutions have been technically validated and that no technical barriers exist that would prevent the adoption of the solution.
* 3+ years of professional experience in technical sales, account management or similar customer-facing consulting role.
* BA/BS degree
* You must be an enthusiastic, self-starter with an outgoing personality who is comfortable working independently and in a team setting.
* Working experience delivering or selling Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), Software Defined Networking (SDN), Software Defined Storage (SDS), Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), or infrastructure security
* Working experience delivering or selling enterprise applications, systems security, cloud or systems management, and business continuity.
* Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
* VMware Certified Professional (VCP) designation or similar technical certification.
* Working experience within the healthcare market in the region.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
VMware is an EPIC2 community and was recently listed as #42 on Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For. We enjoy helping our people grow professionally as well as in our community. Our passionate and enthusiastic employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights and influence within the business landscape and beyond.
This position is eligible for the AMERSalesDoubleDown enhanced ERP Campaign
Associated topics: blood collection, lab, laboratory, medical, medical laboratory science, mlt, sample collection, technician iv, technician lab, technologist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...