- Dechert LLP
- $66,980.00 -101,330.00/year*
1103 Market St
Responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and administering benefits plans and programs as well as policies and procedures for various employee benefit programs, including but not limited to life, health, and disability insurance, pension plans, and related retirement programs. Ensures compliance with all legal requirements of various employee benefits programs and prepares and files required legal reports. Works with vendors to develop, administer, and/or evaluate programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Administer employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; and wellness programs.
* Evaluate and compare existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys and other sources of information. Participate in industry surveys. Analyze results of surveys and develop specific recommendations for review by management.
* Develop specifications for new plans or modify existing plans to maintain a competitive position in labor market, and obtain uniform benefits package for all locations, where possible.
* Recommend classes of eligible employees for new or modified plans. Develop census data and work with consultants for quotations. Evaluates quotation and makes recommendations to management. Develop company cost information for new plans and make recommendations to management.
* Install approved new plans or changes to existing plans by preparing announcement materials, plan summary documents and other media for communicating plans to employees. Conduct employee meetings and arrange for enrollment. Advise and counsel management and employees on existing benefits.
* Prepare and execute, with legal consultation, benefits documentation, such as original and amended plan texts, benefit agreements and insurance policies. Instruct insurance carriers, trustees and other administrative agencies outside the company to effect changes in benefits program. Ensure prompt and accurate compliance.
* Assure company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act and the Affordable Care Act. Oversee the preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, and other regulatory agencies. Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and report necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinate company benefits with government-sponsored programs.
* Develop benefits information and statistical and census data for actuaries, insurance carriers and management.
* Handle benefits inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution. Maintain contact by phone or mail, with insurance companies, employees, and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
* Expedites delivery of benefits by establishing and maintaining working relationships with benefit providers.
* Reconciles benefits accounts by approving billing statements.
* Achieves financial objectives by preparing the benefits and department operational budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
* Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Supervise the performance & development of members of the benefits team.
* Contributes to team's goals.
* Performs any and all other duties as necessary and/or assigned by management for the efficient functioning of the department.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERINCE & COMPETENCY:
* Applies advanced principles, theories and concepts to achieve objectives in creative and effective ways. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
* Individual contributor considered an expert within a discipline/functional area.
* Broad knowledge of industry and competitor trends.
* Typically requires more than 6 years of experience with a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
* Strong business acumen in planning and organizing, information integration, decision-making and ability to achieve results while focusing on customer requirements and business success.
* Works independently toward predetermined long-range targets.
* Determines and pursues courses of action essential in obtaining desired outcomes.
* Typically has project leadership responsibilities.
* A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
* Six (6) plus years of experience in benefits administration.
* Working knowledge of global benefits.
* Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Appropriate and timely decision making ability.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Knowledge of regulatory environment.
* Ability to handle sensitive and confidential topics with a high degree of professionalism.
* Excellent organizational, planning and problem-solving skills, including a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, prioritize work, maintain deadlines and produce high-quality work.
* Project management skills required.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; intermediate Access skills preferred.
* Working knowledge of HRIS report writing and system utilization.
Additional Job Description
Dechert LLP is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. The Firm prohibits unlawful discrimination in any term or condition of employment against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual's race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, membership or service in the armed forces, or any other characteristic protected by law.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...