Hostos Community College seeks an experienced, dynamic and student-centered professional to lead the operations of the Office of the Registrar, ensuring academic integrity and security of all student records. The successful candidate will be able to apply best practices, technology, data and research on business flow and operation of office competencies that can transform the culture of the department to a higher standard of customer service and prepare/cross train staff to meet future demands of the Office including Accrediting Agencies and Strategic Planning activities.
Reporting directly to the Associate Dean of Student Development abd Enrollment Management, the successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Direct all administrative, technical, and operational activities pertaining to maintenance of student academic records, degree audits, degrees awarded, diploma production and distribution, information security, and data integrity.
- Develop and implement enhanced technology applications to improve processing systems and data integrity.
- Engage in college-wide and unit strategic planning, operational planning, and assessment.
- Supervise and hire staff and lead training, evaluation, and professional development.
- Provide access, training, and guidance on use of CUNYfirst.
- Implement curriculum changes, when overseeing the College's Class Schedules.
- Serve on the CUNY Council of Registrars.
- Serve as ex-officio on various College and Faculty Council committees such as College Wide Senate, Senior Leadership Council, College Wide Commencement Committee.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
**CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW**
Directs College registration operations and serves as Registrar.
- Provides leadership in advancing the College's enrollment goals and is responsible for all activities associated with the registration process
- Develops strategic plan to address student enrollment, registration activities, data collection and dissemination, records confidentiality and degree audit protocol; assures quality of testing and implementation of system updates
- Oversees a wide array of enrollment and retention initiatives and special projects; recommends and administers enhanced technology applications to improve processing systems and data integrity
- Assesses outcomes and formulates responses to meet established goals and objectives; presents performance results data to facilitate executive decision-making
- Ensures reporting requirements are completed in timely and accurate manner to fulfill various legal obligations; maintains audit trails
- Manages professional and clerical staff as well as department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Enrollment Registrar Director
Higher Education Officer
**COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS**
$101,043 - $117,120; commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
**HOW TO APPLY**
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigate to the following links: \"Employment\" and \"Search Job Postings\"
Please attach resume, cover letter, and three professional references.
September 4, 2019
**JOB SEARCH CATEGORY**
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
**EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY**
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer. Associated topics: administrative officer, assistant, associate, beverage, chief operations officer, document, facilities, operational support, operations director, records management
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.