- $89,160.00 -162,260.00/year*
Education - Post Secondary
1000 E 179th St
**Job Title:** Assistant Professor - Game Design
**Job ID:** 20874
**Location:** Hostos Community College
**Full/Part Time:** Full-Time
**FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT**
The Media Design Unit of the Humanities Department at Hostos Community College offers many opportunities to explore digital media arts. With courses as far ranging as game design, 3D computer animation, digital design, web design, music production, and audio recording, students can pursue many possible creative paths. Students in the Media Design Programs take both studio and lecture-based courses. The Media Design Unit now offers Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degrees in Game Design, Digital Design & Animation, and Digital Music.
The Media Design Unit of the Humanities Department at Eugenio Mar?a de Hostos Community College seeks applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor to perform teaching, research/creative activity and guidance duties in areas of expertise. Candidates should be prepared to teach classes in game design and more than one of the following areas: game scripting/programming, 3D modeling and animation, audio production, sound design, graphic design, interaction design, web design. The position includes shared responsibility for committee and department assignments, administrative, supervisory and other functions as may be assigned.
Supporting diversity among the game design and media design student populations is a high priority for the Media Design Unit. The Media Design Unit is also committed to building a diverse body of faculty and welcomes applications from women and underrepresented minorities.
In addition to the above duties, the successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Present evidence of scholarly growth, primarily in the form of creative work.
- Conduct student advisement.
- Organize events such as student showcases and guest lectures.
- Perform program development, administration, assessment, and implementation of the Media Design Programs.
- Participate actively in committees, student recruitment, and grant writing to secure funding for media initiatives.
- Assist in overseeing the operation of the design labs and equipment.
MFA, PhD or other terminal degree in a field relevant to game design. Also required are the ability to teach successfully, demonstrated scholarship or achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution. Minimum of two years of relevant game development experience.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Demonstrated significant creative and professional achievements, ongoing professional growth, and leadership
- One year of college teaching experience in game design or a related field
- Experience with game development software such as Unity, Unreal, Maya, Adobe Creative Cloud, Blender, and scripting/programming for games
- Experience working in visual arts and design
- Ability to teach ancillary media design courses
- Experience in a multicultural, urban college setting
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours
- Bilingual skills in English and Spanish
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
**HOW TO APPLY**
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY Jobs website at www.cuny.jobs.
Please attach the following:
- Cover letter
- Three professional references
- Single multipage PDF containing 10-15 images of professional work. It is strongly recommended to include hyperlinks for interactive and time-based works.
The combined file size of application materials must not exceed 25MB. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
October 1, 2019
**JOB SEARCH CATEGORY**
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
**EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY**
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Associated topics: baccalaureus divinitatis, early education, esl, italian, japanese, language, liberal arts, photography, religion, victorian
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...