Hostos Community College is a small college dedicated to creating an educationally rich, friendly, and warm environment. Our faculty and staff provide students with one-on-one academic support that will help them develop the skills and confidence to achieve their personal and professional goals.
Under the supervision of the Admissions Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Processes official evaluations of external transcripts to determine equivalent transfer credit in accordance with Hostos Community College transfer credit policies for new transfer students, non-degree students and re-admitted transfer students.
- Provides admissions advising to prospective and newly admitted transfer students on the enrollment process.
- Documents and reviews current transfer policies and makes recommendations for any necessary changes.
- Downloads high school transcripts, as part of the evaluation process.
- Implements existing policies for the evaluation of credit from non-traditional sources such as Advanced Placement exams and/or courses that were taken while serving in the Armed Forces.
- Provides support with recruitment activities such as information sessions, campus tours and outreach events at high schools and community-based organizations.
Bachelor's Degree required.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- One year experience working in an Admissions Office or Enrollment setting
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft or CUNYFirst student information systems
- Knowledge of Customer Relations Management systems or tools
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours
**CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW**
Coordinates and contributes to student recruiting activities.
- Conducts open house sessions and orientations to ensure applicants are fully informed of requirements and processes
- Assists in direct recruiting at high schools, community outreach events, and other appropriate locations
- Provides general information on programs and services in person or by telephone, email, or letter
- Maintains current information about College programs and degree requirements
- Performs related duties as assigned
Job Title Name: Admissions Advisor
Assistant to HEO
**COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS**
$39,282 - $44,308; commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
**HOW TO APPLY**
Applicant must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigate to the following links: \"Employment\" and \"Search Job Postings\"
Please attach resume, cover letter, and three professional references.
Open until filled with review of resumes to begin August 20, 2019.
**JOB SEARCH CATEGORY**
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
**EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY**
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer. Associated topics: admission counselor, enrollment, officer, registrar specialist, safety, safety officer i, schedule, security, security officer, student affairs
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.