- CUNA Mutual Group
- $84,490.00 -168,710.00/year*
Financial Services - Insurance
1103 Market St
Sun Federal Credit Union and CUNA Mutual Group/CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. are looking to hire an Associate Financial Advisor. This is a W-2 employment opportunity with Sun Federal Credit Union.
This Associate Financial Advisor will provide coverage at the following locations for Sun Federal Credit Union:
* 595 E Lancaster Ave, Store 5, St. Davids, PA 19087
* 3805 West Chester Pike, Suite 170, Newtown Square, PA 19073
* 2209 Quarry Dr, Suite C-37, West Lawn, PA 19609
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Must effectively carry out the essential duties and responsibilities of this position in a manner that consistently demonstrates Sun Federal's mission and core values in a positive manner. Other duties may be assigned.
Creating Members for a Lifetime OR Assumes responsibility for building legacy relationships with members through excellent service and financial planning.
* Serves existing Wealth Management members and develops new member relationships using Sun Federal mission and values as the foundation for every member experience.
* Is a sales champion for all SFCU/NCUA deposit and CBSI investment products. Supports and exhibits CML sales and service behaviors through member presentment of solutions based on need.
* Listens to the member's story, conducts comprehensive data gathering and fact finding sessions with members to assist them in achieving their financial goals. Makes recommendations to members using a limited investment product menu or refers them to the Wealth Management Manager for additional options to meet member needs.
* Schedules and confirms member appointments. Prepares paperwork/eDocuments, submits completed paperwork/eDocuments and follows up for accuracy and processing. Prepares appointment performance reports.
* Consistently cross-sells credit union services to achieve products/member goals with an increased focus on lending opportunities.
* Executes service orders from members including asset withdrawals, beneficiary designations, address changes, and statement reproduction.
* Maintains proper documentation for member communication, recommendations and product sales.
* Consistently makes follow-up service calls to members to fully satisfy their objectives, develop long-term relationships and create member loyalty.
* Follows the sales process which includes appropriate NCUA and FINRA disclosures to differentiate when selling on behalf of the wealth management program as compared to serving in a credit union role.
* Adheres to FINRA regulations and established policies and procedures of ethical market conduct. Conducts business according to high standards of honesty, fairness and integrity and render the highest member service practices.
* Works with the Wealth Management Manager to develop plans to achieve department and individual goals.
* Expands relationships via marketing promotions, seminars, workshops, and working with the members that represent the current book of business.
* Makes outbound Wealth Management, Business Services and Business Development visits (calls, seminars, meeting, etc.).
* Provides financial planning and education to help members become future Wealth Management clients.
Builds effective relationships with employees and administers wealth management referrals.
* Educates employees on benefits of Wealth Management products, services and referral opportunities.
* Participates in branch meetings/functions.
* Maintains referral database and communicates regularly to branch staff on status of referral.
* Maintains current, accurate and comprehensive database on referrals and provides feedback to staff making the referrals.
Contributions to Team
* Schedules and confirms appointments for Wealth Management Manager.
* Prepares review materials for Wealth Management Manager.
* Collaborates, contributes and communicates for the success of the team.
Expectations for Employees
Supports and advances Sun Federal's mission, vision, values and culture. Accepts responsibility to live Sun Federal's culture. Makes a positive contribution to business plan objectives, goals and outcomes. Follows Sun Federal's Service Behaviors. Shows professionalism, empathy and respect in all interactions with members, internal and external. Takes personal responsibility to actively listen to the members, understand their needs and take initiative to help the member as your first priority. While some have little direct member contact, every position at Sun Federal supports the member. Take ownership of job duties. Offer team members assistance when necessary to help develop a fully competent and cohesive workforce. Recommends and develops process improvements and procedures to enhance productivity and improve service. Responsible for personal development through training, collaboration and teamwork. Understands and adheres to all policies, procedures and regulations. Maintains knowledge of regulations appropriate for position (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, etc.) and attends all training as it relates to position related regulations. Passes annual compliance requirements. Adheres to Sun Federal's security procedures and safeguards member information. Demonstrates professionalism in dress, tone, flexibility and communication. Consistently acts as part of a cohesive team, demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact positively with other employees. Maintains open and respectful communication with other departments. Handles conflict directly and discreetly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual must be able to successfully pass background checks.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Insurance or equivalent trade-off in professional work experience.
* Series 6 (Series 7 Preferred), Series 66 (Or Series 63 and 65) and Life/Health Insurance License. If the individual has not obtained a Series 7, the individual must successful obtain the Series 7 license and other preferred licensing identified by the Wealth Management Manager within 1 year of employment.
* Maintains safe and sound investment and insurance practices as outlined by regulator and Credit Union goals and policies, and efficiently services the financial needs of the members in a personable and professional manner. Is knowledgeable of all investment, insurance and credit union products and services.
* One to three years of financial services sales experience
* Ability to pass current criminal background check and fingerprinting in order to comply with the FINRA regulations.
* Ability to positively interface with members, product company representatives, management and all employees.
* Demonstrated ability to influence, lead/motivate and build networks.
* Demonstrates ability to translate complex information, create and deliver an effective message scaled to the appropriate audience.
* Demonstrated ability to work with multiple priorities.
* Ability to gather, analyze data and provide sound recommendations.
* Excellent communication and public relations skills.
* Strong analytical abilities.
* Solid interviewing skills.
* Able to use financial calculator and related computer applications
CUNA Mutual Group's insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...