The Population Health Analytics Associate/Consultant will be a part of the Analytics for Risk Contracting (ARC) team. This role will be working with a cross-functional team in a centralized firm role, supporting multiple accounts, and is responsible for working closely across firm leadership to meet the population health analytic and financial modeling needs of our clients, current and prospective.
* Design, develop and implement quantitative analyses on drivers of health care cost and utilization using integrated health care datasets to support population health analytics, modeling and financial pro forma development
* Create scalable, automated processes for identifying potential areas for population health improvement, including clinical outcomes, network utilization, financial performance, among others
* Analyze data from various sources, recommend best approaches for its consolidation, contribute to the development and management of the firm's data and analytics infrastructure and contribute to the firm's intellectual capital base
* Package analytical outputs for distribution in a concise and meaningful manner
* Influence the firm's and our client's leadership teams to adopt new approaches
* Bachelor's degree in quantitative discipline (e.g., STEM field) required; graduate degree with a quantitative, health care, business, or technical focus preferred
* 3+ years of professional experience performing complex analytics role at a health plan, consulting firm or hospital system
* Strong SQL skills to be able to leverage data from SQL Server
* Ability to understand SAS code to be able to convert into SQL code and run basic SAS processes
* Competent knowledge of Tableau dashboard design and expert ability to use existing dashboards to access underpinning data sets preferred, but not required
* Expert knowledge of key insurance claims fields that are routinely used, and proficiency in exploration and identifying uses for additional less regularly used fields
* Competent knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and/or Commercial health plan and payment methodology (e.g., APC, RVU, PPS)
* Proficient ability to summarize data insights in slide and report formats
* Exceptional ability to effectively communicate with technical and business colleagues and make complex ideas understood
* Up to 25% travel
* Occasional nights and weekends
As a firm passionate about health care, we're deeply committed to the health and wellness of our own team members. We offer comprehensive, affordable insurance plans for our team and their families, and a host of other unique benefits, such as a yearly stipend for wellness-related activities, no cost gym memberships and a paid parental leave program. You can learn more about our benefits offerings here:
What We Do:
COPE Health Solutions is a national mission-driven consulting firm that partners with health system and payor clients and provides them with the tools, services and advice they need to be leaders in the health care industry. We are passionate about health care, with roots as a non-profit organization dedicated to providing health education to the underprivileged and underinsured. Today, we are the partner of choice for providers and payors across the United States who are committed to success in the new value-based payment environment. We also develop the diverse talent needed to fill future health care roles.
The Analytics for Risk Contracting (ARC) Suite provides a powerful array of analytic and reporting tools designed to achieve optimal value and performance for organizations currently in or planning to move to risk-based arrangements. Leveraging our extensive, hands-on expertise in helping IPAs, ACOs and health systems achieve successful outcomes in risk contracts, our team of managed care experts draw insights from the analytic outputs that are tailored to each organization's unique circumstances to interpret the data and recommend initiatives to help improve total cost and quality.
To apply for this position or for more information about COPE Health Solutions, visit us at
Associated topics: accounts receivable, authorization, biller, coder, collector, data entry, front desk, insurance, medical transcriptionist, number
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...