At Convene, we're building a company that embraces visible and invisible diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals and professional development, and fosters community. Our team's evolution, values and culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding. With the meetings and office market growing rapidly and showing no signs of stopping, we are constantly evolving and growing our offerings from hosting meetings and events to providing a full suite of offerings for flexible co-working spaces.
Convene is looking for an Account Manager to join our sales team, one in our Philadelphia, PA location to help increase the adoption of our full suite of offerings for flexible co-working spaces. This role will report to the Account Director for the respective region.
What You'll Do:
* Ensure that your WorkPlace properties are compliant with target occupancy rates. * Fill the sales funnel with WorkPlace tenant prospects - proactively solicit new business accounts with heads of real estate at enterprise organizations, C-suite at high growth organizations and real estate brokerage firms. * Proactively identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions. * Collaborate effectively with others on the real estate, sales and operations teams. * Attend networking events and informational sessions to prospect for new business and understand current industry trends. * Be a professional brand ambassador for Convene.
What We Look For:
* College/University Degree BS/BA required. * 6+ years professional experience in a sales capacity (within real estate and/or flexible workplace solutions is a plus). * You are naturally competitive and enjoy the sales hunting process - prospecting, lead generation and execution of in-person meetings for new business. * You are self-sufficient. * You possess strong relationship building skills and are energetic and personable * You are undaunted by the challenge of calling the C-suite of high growth organizations, real estate brokerages, VC firms. * Strong communication skills. * High degree of intellectual curiosity and emotional intelligence. * Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to envision the future of Real Estate. * Process and detail oriented. * Intersectional, iterative thinker that can see many paths to a goal. * You are in love with change and enjoy being in a high-growth environment that is rapidly scaling. * You are comfortable with ambiguity and can carve out a path to solution using informal influence, and your art and intuition * You're an entrepreneur and think of the word NO as next option. You see opportunity everywhere, welcome mistakes as compost for your leadership journey and greet adversity as something to further develop your resilience.
Convene designs and services premium places to work, meet, and host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date and has been named one of America's 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by both Inc. and Fortune Magazine.
Other recent accolades include:
* 2017-2019 Certified Great Place to Work?. * 2018 Fortune Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S. * #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine. * #30 in 2017 LinkedIn List of Most In-Demand Startups.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy integration between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee
* Supportive work environment and leaders who are focused on your professional growth. * Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth. Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year. * Flexible PTO and family leave. * 401k match. * Excellent health coverage for team members and their families. * Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies. * Healthy snacks.
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.