Senior Security Engineer - Media
Compensation: $27,150.00 - $38,680.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Defense/Security Clearance
A Kforce client in the Media, Pennsylvania(PA) area is seeking a Senior Security Engineer to join their team on a long-term basis.
In consultation with the Information Security team, the Senior Security Engineer will help integrate information security requirements and controls, as captured in security policies and standards, into current and future architectures and designs. The Senior Security Engineer will help in detecting and addressing (reactively and proactively) risks and vulnerabilities in Client's IT landscape including usage and integrations with Vendor Tools and Ecosystems. Play a key role in driving the evolution of Client's technical architectures and IT operations and ensure that security controls are embedded throughout future designs and plans.
- Engineer and implement security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Maintain awareness of information security policies, standards and requirements; Stay current on information security trends and risks
- Assist Information Security with the identification and definition of system security requirements; Report identified security vulnerabilities and risks to information security and propose countermeasures
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs (network, applications, software development, operating system, virtualization, cloud, automation, etc.) with input from various stakeholders (Information Security, IT, etc.)
- Prepare and document designs, architectures, configuration standards, standard operating procedures and protocols
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a technical discipline (e.g., engineering) preferred, or technical certifications, or related experience
- Certified in one or more of the following preferred: CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH, technology specific (proxy, data loss prevention, firewall, etc.)
- Minimum of 7+ years working in Information Technology Security
- Working knowledge of information security concepts and technologies such as: least privilege, networking, network segmentation, firewalls, IPSIDS, network analyzers, encryption technologies, proxies, etc.
- Proven work experience as a system engineer or system security engineer
- Experience in building and maintaining security controls
- Detailed technical knowledge of application, network, database and operating system security
- Hands on experience in security systems, controls and concepts
- Experience with network security and networking technologies
- Working knowledge of sub netting, DNS, encryption technologies and standards, VPNs, VLANs, VoIP and other network routing methods
- Network and web related protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols, etc.)
- Advanced Persistent Threats (APT), phishing and social engineering, network access controllers (NAC), gateway anti-malware
- Ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including documentation skills specifically with the drafting and updating of process and procedures.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...