- Compass Group, North America
- $48,520.00 -81,710.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
1000 E 179th St
*Posted Date:* Aug 6, 2019
* We have an opening for a full-time *BAKER *position.
* *Location*: Manhattan College - 4513 Manhattan College Parkway, Bronx, NY 10471. /Note: online applications accepted _only_./
* *Schedule*: Wed & Thu: 3:00pm-8:30pm, Fri & Sat: 9:00am-8:30pm, Sun: 2:00 - 8:30pm.
* *Requirement*: Previous pizza baking experience.
*We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!*
*This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! *If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
*/Current Associates:/* */This position has a $250 Employee Referral Bonus! Know someone you would like to refer?/* / Have them apply to this posting via this direct link or at/ / and/ /ask them to provide your name in the \"If referred by current employee\" section of the online application./
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
*Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic benefits such as:*
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
* Commuter Benefits
* Wellness Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
* Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
* Discount Marketplace
* And other voluntary benefits
*Summary:* Prepares baked goods according to recipes and production specifications.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Bake breads, pies, cakes, cookies and other pastries as necessary per the provided production and catering sheets; assists in production planning to meet daily requirements.
* Ensures proper food preparation by utilizing approved recipes, following prescribed production standards and use of proper equipment.
* Assists with the completion of production records to include waste tracking, used/unused portions and product shortages; informs supervisor when supplies are low.
* Ensures proper presentation, food quality, portion control and maintenance of proper serving temperatures.
* Maintains sanitation and orderliness of all equipment, supplies and utensils within work area.
* Handles foods items appropriately and with all safety regulations in mind during preparation and service.
* Cleans equipment and workstation thoroughly before leaving the area for other assignments. Keeps display equipment clean and free of debris.
* Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a friendly and customer-service oriented manner. Relays relevant concerns from customers directly to supervisors.
* Consistently exhibits the ability to keep up with peak production and service calmly, accurately and efficiently.
* Checks to ensure that all food is presented, served and displayed per standards.
* Follows principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment, ensuring corporate and OSHA safety standards are followed.
* Completes shift work, as assigned, in a timely and thorough manner in accordance with department standards.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 307268
Associated topics: baker, cafe, chef, chief chef, corporate, executive, executive kitchen, kitchen, pastry chef, salad chef
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...