1103 Market St
Responsible for performing advanced network and OTN maintenance and
troubleshooting to ensure minimal system outages, and should have
knowledge of advanced networking skills to assist in the fault
resolution of LANs, WANs, ATM, and SONET networks. Has developed
specialized knowledge/skills in own area. May act as a resource for
colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
* Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
* Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
* Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
* Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
* Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
* Drive results and growth
* Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
* Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
* Performs advanced network and OTN maintenance to include: System
configuration and interconnects, forward and reverse combining network
management, modulation and Forward Error Correction (FEC) techniques,
A/D conversion techniques, encoders, MPEG compression, baseband fault
isolation, down conversion and receiver theory, controllers, servers,
and commercial insertion.
* Assists with annual budget process that is relative to the engineering
* Assists with the maintenance and configuration of network devices,
hubs, switches and routers.
* Prepares LMC notifications, forms and outage tickets for work being
performed in maintenance windows.
* Tests and maintains optical rings, add drop multiplexes and DC power
* Installs and maintains all CDV, CMTS, and CRAN equipment located
within the Network Engineering Department.
* Supports local installation and maintenance of facilities and
* Understands customer devices such as required (CPE configuration,
gateways/routers, VoIP and video communication units).
* Participates in operational meetings, conference calls and
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* High School or Equivalent
* Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace employer.
Associated topics: circuit, electrical engineer, electronics, frequency, hardware, network engineer, opnet, soc, test, wan
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...