1103 Market St
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for following general instructions and with discretion as to work details, performs accounting tasks of a difficult nature requiring an experienced, professional knowledge of accounting principles and practices. Provides specialized or general analysis support in various accounting functions. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
* Research and Resolve Unapplied payments to clear unreconciled transactions.
* Respond to escalated inquiries from internal and external contacts.
* Knowledge of Oracle OBIEE reporting a plus
* Advanced Excel & Access Database skills, Macro experience a plus.
* Experience with reporting including; trend analysis.
* Experience simplifying complex information through use of Visio.
* Interprets accounting data, analyzes reports and recommends action to be taken.
* Prepares difficult journal entries, maintains complex ledgers, reconciles and analyzes specific cost account ledgers. Assists in the development and installation of accounting systems, cost accounting methods, procedures and controls.
* Establishes and maintains property accounting records. Reviews the preparation of various financial statements, records and reports compiled by lower level accounting support personnel.
* Prepares financial reports analyzing data for management review.
* Calculates payments to regulatory authorities based on a review of contracts and regulations.
* Ensures the balance sheet accounts are accurately stated based on compiled reconciliation procedures and agreement with source documents.
* Enters monthly journal entries to properly record accounting transactions, ensuring that journal entries have proper back up to substantiate the entry.
* Reviews financial statements for operating trends and results.
* Develops automated Oracle routines such as mass allocations and re-occurring journal entries.
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
* Accounting, Finance
* Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...