- $40,570.00 -67,720.00/year*
1103 Market St
Who We Are:
At Comcast, we are innovators and leaders, shaping the future at the intersection of media + technology. We invent groundbreaking technology, create extraordinary entertainment experiences for millions every day, and take great care of our customers, their families and guests. The diverse talents of our people have propelled us to a Fortune 40 industry leader. And it's an exciting time to join our team. We are looking for people that share our passion for innovation and our customers those who are ready to make big things happen and to connect our customers to exciting products, services and to the moments that matter most in their lives.
We are committed to delivering amazing products and a customer experience that people love and trust. We lead with game-changing technology, and in every interaction, are focused on respecting our customers' time and fitting seamlessly into their lives. Our teammates go the extra mile to make sure our customers are satisfied and can't imagine going anywhere else.
Driving Innovation to Deliver Awesome:
As a leader of connected experiences, Xfinity Services is re-envisioning the way our 29 million residential customers are connecting to the products they love the most. We leverage our expertise to create unparalleled products and services that fuel discovery for everyday enjoyment. From the award-winning Xfinity Voice Remote to the Xfinity X1 video platform, the Xfinity Services organization works to drive the strategy, development, and deployment of our next generation suite of products for our home, internet, TV, and voice businesses.
Comcast is looking for a full-time sports editor to create and maintain editorial features for our customer portal home page, X1 console and Stream app. The editor should be knowledgeable across the sports spectrum and skilled at reporting news and packaging content in a compelling way across platforms. The editor should be proficient at all three phases of live sports programming (pre-game, in-game and post-game) and able to handle the ebbs and flows of live-game action as it happens. The hours are typically 7p-1a three nights a week with bulk shifts occurring on weekends when most events are in session. The editor should be flexible with scheduling based on tent pole calendar, seasonality, and special events like the Olympics and FIFA World Cup
* Create online sports news and video features for the Xfinity.com homepage.
* Monitor media sources and partner content feeds on a constant basis.
* Respond to breaking sports news with rapid updates and clean copy.
* Program live sports content online, X1 and in mobile apps.
* Aggregate a weekly events schedule for content planning and preparation.
* Create features for live sporting events and program those events in real time.
* Refresh editorial, visual assets, and headlines on a consistent basis across screens.
* Interface with daytime sports staff to ensure editorial features have been vetted and are ready for scheduling.
* Work with daytime sports staff to ensure coverage of important stories continues around the clock.
* Work with social teams to ensure popular events and news are included on their platforms.
* Troubleshoot content issues and work with triage teams to resolve during non-traditional business hours.
* Work nights and weekend shifts consistently.
* Builds expertise in utilizing numerous methods and resources to troubleshoot issues and identifying root cause(s) in a timely manner.
* Must work efficiently on multiple projects at once and communicate effectively to key stakeholders.
* Complete additional projects as assigned.
* Additional responsibilities ad-hoc to support the XS team.
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
* Generally requires 5-8 years related experience.
* 5 years of experience in the TV or sports industry with a media agency, streaming service, or network.
* A resume of accomplishments, not just an employment history.
* Excellent communication skills with strict attention to detail, spelling and grammar.
* Sound knowlegdge of pro and college sports, leagues, players, teams, organizations and popular networks.
* Familiarity with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat.
* Four years online, magazine or sports newspaper editorial experience.
* Ability to write creative and engaging copy.
* Experience with online content management systems and web traffic analytics tools.
* Experience with Photoshop, Slack and emerging communication systems.
* Can work autonomously and self edit.
* Contribute to sports tent-pole planning and cross-screen programming strategy.
* Night and weekend shifts are required.
* Must be able to work holidays as events dictate.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Associated topics: anchor, announcer, broadcaster, editor, host, nba, on air, reporter, sports analyst, vj
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...