1103 Market St
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Workforce Diversity & Inclusion (D&I), the Workforce Diversity and Inclusion Senior Manager is responsible for supporting the development and mobilization of the Workforce Diversity & Inclusion strategy, initiatives, programs, and partnerships across the enterprise. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, overseeing the Comcast Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and all activities related to the ERGs. Specifically, the position will be responsible for supporting the strategic governance, development, operation, and expansion of the Employee Resource Groups to build a best in class program. The position will also partner closely with other D&I team members to plan and execute events, conferences, and programs to advance our mission of driving diversity and inclusion across the enterprise. A successful candidate will understand the business impact of diversity & inclusion and will leverage key metrics and strategies to align with business goals and drive positive business outcomes. The candidate must be able to thrive in a fast paced environment with quickly shifting priorities, be committed to process improvement, standardization and creating sustainability. The candidate will be challenged to use critical and innovative thinking and manage multiple projects with an enterprise scope.
* Provide national oversight of Comcast Employee Resource Groups, including strategic governance, development, operation, and expansion of the Employee Resource Groups to build a best in class program.
* Design and manage ERG guidelines, processes, business plans and the ERG program budget to ensure alignment with D&I goals and objectives.
* Research, benchmark, develop and execute the ERG strategy through project plans, communications, stakeholder engagement, timelines and milestones.
* Oversee day-to-day support of the ERGs by serving as primary point of contact for ERG-related inquiries, providing ongoing program support by removing roadblocks, identifying resources, providing leadership, guidance and direction for programming initiatives.
* Identify, create and facilitate trainings and workshops to continue developing the core competencies of ERG Leaders, ensuring alignment and consistency in practices and processes across the enterprise, including orientation and onboarding, mid-year and end of year check-ins, quarterly learnings and others as needed.
* Provide support to Divisional/Regional HR Partners in the field during the ERG launch process as well as ongoing support to achieve alignment in accordance with national ERG objectives, priorities and guidelines.
* Foster best practice sharing, community building, and greater ERG collaboration across chapters through forums, regular meetings and discussions with ERG Leaders, HR Partners, and Business Partners.
* Oversee ERG membership database, ERG leadership roster, budget trackers, internal ERG SharePoint sites and web pages, and any other tools/platforms related to the ERGs.
* Develop and recommend ERG materials, resources and new tools to increase capacity of ERGs (e.g., marketing collateral, toolkits, onboarding information, reporting templates, surveys etc.).
* Assist with planning and executing ERG events and conferences, including the annual ERG Leadership Summit, and other key D&I events.
* Work closely with the D&I Analytics team to manage ongoing ERG Analytics, including identifying and tracking metrics and generating regular reporting to show member and chapter growth, budget spend, engagement and impact across the enterprise, to demonstrate the ROI of ERGs.
* Partner with D&I Leadership and Communications team to regularly highlight and create communications content to share news, success stories, and information via the intranet site, external-facing Comcast sites and reports, company newsletters, company social media channels and other vehicles to show how ERGs drive business and support our business priorities.
* Professionally represent the Workforce D&I team in the community and across the enterprise at events, speaking engagements and with employees at all levels of the organization.
* Proactively develop creative initiatives to increase ERG visibility, membership and engagement.
* Work cross-functionally and establish productive partnerships with Executive Champions and key stakeholders across the enterprise to leverage ERGs as integral partners in driving Comcast's diversity & inclusion and business objectives and values (e.g., partners and stakeholders include Business Leaders, Corporate Communications, HR Communications, Comcast University, Talent, Comcast Careers, Community Impact, Military & Veteran Affairs, Government Affairs, etc.).
* Work with HR, Talent Management, and key business partners to position ERGs as an inclusive talent pipeline, including identifying, vetting, engaging, and supporting diverse talent as ERG Leaders.
* Assist with and/or lead special projects spanning multiple areas of accountability including: annual Diversity surveys, Heritage Month Celebrations, Military Community Hiring, ERG Mentoring Program, etc.
* Conduct ongoing research and stay current on Diversity best practices and the effective management and use of ERGs via industry contacts, conferences and external diversity organization resources, to enhance ERG impact.
* Attend internal and external ERG and diversity & inclusion related events as needed.
* Bachelor's degree.
* 10 + years of experience working in Diversity and Inclusion or related experience.
* Strong background and understanding of diversity and inclusion in a corporate environment.
* Experience working with Employee Resource Groups, including leading, managing, designing processes, guidelines and trainings for ERGs (e.g., business plans, budget plans, operations)
* Experience working with HR Partners/Diversity stakeholders.
* Excellent verbal and written skills with an ability to communicate effectively with various levels.
* Public speaking experience in small and large group forums, and excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills, leadership, relationship-building and collaborative skills to work with diverse groups and stakeholders across the organization and at all levels.
* Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Strong organizational skills, work ethic, initiative, sense of urgency and attention to detail
* Experience leading/managing cross functional projects and/or teams.
* Must be able to manage multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced, fluid environment and function well under pressure.
* Demonstrated success in strategic management, tactical implementation and operational excellence.
* Experience with data tracking, analysis and creating reports.
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
* Proficient in the utilization of all the Microsoft Office Suite programs, including, but not limited to MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Ability to travel up to 25%, and work some nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary to support programs and events.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* B.A./B.S. degree in related discipline strongly preferred (e.g., Human Resources, Business Administration, Communications, Diversity & Inclusion, Ethnic Studies, Multicultural Marketing or related field).
* Bilingual (Spanish).
* Experience working in the Cable, Technology or Media industry desired but not required.
* Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
* Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...