Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for promoting the use of industry and Company technology
standards. Monitors emerging technologies/technology practices for
potential use within the Company. Designs and develops updated
infrastructure in support of one or more business processes. Helps to
ensure a balance between tactical and strategic technology solutions.
Considers business problems \"end-to-end\": including people, process, and
technology, both within and outside the enterprise, as part of any
design solution. Mentors, reviews codes and verifies that the object
oriented design best practices and that coding and architectural
guidelines are adhered to. Identifies and drives issues through closure.
Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a
key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or
projects and shares expertise.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
* Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
* Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
* Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
* Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
* Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
* Drive results and growth * Respect and promote inclusion and diversity * Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
* Ensures programs are envisioned, designed, developed, and implemented
across the enterprise to meet business needs. Interfaces with the
enterprise architecture team and other functional areas to ensure that
most efficient solution is designed to meet business needs.
* Ensures solutions are well engineered, operable, maintainable, and
delivered on schedule.
* Tracks and documents requirements for enterprise development projects
* Monitors current and future trends, technology and information that
will positively affect organizational projects; applies and integrates
emerging technological trends to new and existing systems architecture.
* Presents solutions to senior architects. * Plans and designs new or upgraded systems. Interacts with departments
to implement improvements in process.
* Develops solution architecture (both tactical and strategic) to fully
manage/support enterprise needs, services, systems and technology
* Mentors team members in relevant technologies and implementation
* Develops, documents and ensures compliance with best practices
including but not limited to the following coding standards, object
oriented designs, platform and framework specific design concerns and
human interface guidelines.
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Bachelors Degree or Equivalent * Engineering, Computer Science * - Generally requires 7-11 years related experience