- $144,760.00 -144,760.00/year*
1103 Market St
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast Technology Solutions, a division of Comcast Cable, brings innovations from Comcast to the advertiser, content provider, global operator, and technology industries providing solutions to our collective challenges and helping to forge a shared vision for the future with a portfolio of technology solutions for distribution, management and monetization of video content. Built on Comcast's know-how, proven facilities, platforms, and infrastructure, Comcast Technology Solutions offers more than 20 years of real-world broadcast and digital experience. We deliver technology beyond expectations to help customers develop new business models and transform the customer experience.
We are looking for an In-house Counsel to advise on legal and compliance matters for our dynamic and growing company. In particular, you will review, draft and negotiate agreements, including license agreements, master service agreements and NDAs. You will also provide general legal guidance and assist the Vice President, Deputy General Counsel on a broad range of projects.
You are a gifted lawyer who understands business issues as well as legal ones. You are adept at identifying potential legal issues and managing the problem-solving and implementation processes with other areas of the company. While a command of the law is essential, the company expects you to provide advice based on a nuanced understanding of its business, personnel and industry, and to devise the best solution for a problem-not simply the best \"legal\" solution.
* Provide legal counsel relating to software licensing and subscriptions, professional services engagements and general corporate legal matters.
* Perform legal research as necessary to resolve legal issues and determine the appropriate course of action regarding a particular issue/case.
* Draft, review and revise legal documents including software licensing/subscription agreements, master serices agreements, non-disclosure agreements, vendor agreements and other legal documents as necessary.
* Negotiate legal terms with customers and vendors, as applicable, and craft legal solutions relating to business concerns.
* Consistently exercise sound judgment and discretion in all matters.
* Manage risk appropriately.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Report to VP, Deputy General Counsel.
* Manage Junior Lawyer and Staff.
* Provides legal counsel in a particular subject area of expertise and/or to a specific business unit or units. Dispenses legal knowledge and expertise impacting business operations. Works closely with executives and management.
* Performs legal research when and as necessary to resolve legal issues and determine the appropriate course of action regarding a particular issue/case. Consults with and supervises outside counsel to develop legal strategies and resolve issues in non-routine matters.
* Operates with minimal supervision and coordinates legal functions with other departments affected by the matter/issue.
* Provides mentorship and guidance to junior level attorneys and may have direct management responsibilities for non-attorney legal specialists.
* Consistent exercise of sound judgment and discretion in all matters.
* Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s), and overtime as necessary.
* Consistent exercise of sound independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Generally requires 6-10 years related experience
* 2-5 years of In-house transactional legal experience.
* 5 years of related commercial transactions experience, including software licensing, software as a service, and a range of intellectual property matters.
* Law firm experience is a plus.
* Juris Doctor (JD)
* Experience drafting and negotiating customer agreements.
* Experience with licensing into US and international marketplaces, including entry into new international marketplaces.
* Ability to understand business and technical operations of Comcast Technology Solutions, and as needed, Comcast, and the impact of legal matters on those operations.
* Ability and confidence to work independently and have the good judgement to know when to seek out advice and counsel.
* Comfortable negotiating terms with customers and vendors.
* Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
* Undergraduate and Juris Doctorate degrees from accredited institutions.
* Member of Philadelphia bar.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...