1103 Market St
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Senior Engagement Manager, Technology Comcast Global Audit Team
The Comcast Global Audit (CGA) team is a partner to Comcast Corporation. CGA performs quarterly audit and advisory engagements year-round to help identify and manage risks to the business.
Senior Engagement Managers play a leading role with the engagement team throughout each phase (i.e., planning, execution, and reporting). With our standard engagement cadence and focus on diversifying our talent, Senior Engagement Managers gain broad exposure to our businesses and technologies. Team members work collaboratively and independently to conduct audits across Comcast technologies (e.g., physical, network, application, system, data).
What You Deliver
* Oversees aspects of the Internal Audit process including assessing risk, evaluating information security controls and IT operations, testing, identifying and evaluating issues, documenting findings, and communicating with clients.
* Helps to define project scope and timeframe for approval by CGA leadership and proactively leads audit planning efforts.
* Performs thorough inquiry and data analysis to understand complex security and technology operations, and manages the planning efforts for the engagement timeframe and scope.
* Assists in the design, development, and maintenance of a comprehensive engagement plan.
* Manages the execution of detailed audit plans including objectives, procedures, budgets, and schedules.
* Ensures the team applies appropriate audit procedures to the areas reviewed so that controls are tested and all significant risks are addressed.
* Manages the activities of assigned audit team members and keeps the team on track to complete assigned scope areas.
* Ensures that controls are tested and supports staff in the evaluation of internal control design and identification of risks.
* Reviews audit workpapers to ensure they are clear, complete, and well-organized.
* Evaluates audit findings, recommends solutions for correcting control weaknesses, and prioritizes areas for management focus.
* Keeps CGA leadership and client management informed of audit findings, engagement status and important issues as they arise.
* Offers management oversight, training, review, and guidance to the staff.
* Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of internal control systems.
* Writes clear and meaningful audit comments and recommendations for action by management.
* Ensures draft audit reports are developed timely and with high quality.
* Provides ongoing feedback on work completion and performance to team members.
* Identifies opportunities for improvement to audit methodology, tools, and training.
* Supports department objectives and performs other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
How You Deliver
* Demonstrates the ability to quickly relate complex business processes, applications, data, and organizations to identify and resolve business issues.
* Stays current on relevant business risks (e.g., current events, audit trends, emerging technologies, cyber security, etc.) and determines where appropriate to apply to engagements.
* Performs effectively as a project leader across complex engagements.
* Shows flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks, allocating/re-allocating work across engagement team members, or stepping in to support execution, as appropriate and proactively resolving issues..
* Motivates engagement team members to deliver high quality work on time.
* Exercises consistent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
* Exhibits willingness to tackle new areas and challenging topics.
* Demonstrates the ability to work in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
* Acts in accordance with stated CGA and company policies and practices, and maintains the highest degree of integrity in all activities and interactions.
* Displays regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s), as necessary. Out-of-town travel approximately 40%.
How You Partner
* Exhibits strong interpersonal skills including written and verbal communications, and an ability to collaborate with others.
* Shows respect to other team members and clients in all interactions.
* Demonstrates a willingness to assist other team members in areas outside of direct assignments, when necessary.
* Collaborates in a virtual environment to complete projects with team members in various locations.
* Fosters a team oriented environment and helps with the development of a diverse and highly motivated professional staff with a passion for excellence, by providing meaningful and challenging assignments.
* Supervises engagement staff member's interactions with business management and helps team members to resolve issues.
* Develops business partnerships proactively.
* Partners with internal CGA teams (e.g., FinOps, SOX, and Data) across engagement activities.
* Includes business partners in engagement activities (e.g., CISO, Legal, Human Resources, Security, and Business Assurance), as needed.
* Provides coaching, guidance, and development to engagement team members and direct reports.
How You Develop
* Utilizes available resources and tools to research and expand knowledge to enhance work product.
* Exhibits a commitment to continuously self-improve by working with leadership to leverage strengths and focus on areas of development.
* Gains knowledge of basic data analytics and cyber security concepts, and applies to engagements.
* Exhibits desire to be a business expert within the Center of Excellence and provides assistance to Company management, as necessary.
* Assists less experienced team members with furthering their own development during the course of engagements.
* Develops an enterprise risk mindset by applying relevant business risks (e.g., current events, audit trends, cyber security, etc.)
Educational, Experience, and Skill Requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Information Systems, Math, Engineering, Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance and/or related Business field(s) of study with solid academic credentials is required.
* Professional certification (e.g., CCNA, CISSP or COMPTIA), technical certification(s), or advanced degree (e.g., Master's Degree) is strongly preferred.
* 7+ years of experience, internal and/or external IT audit experience is preferred.
* Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
* Knowledge of Cable, Media, or Telecom industry experience is a plus.
* Experience working with data analytics, cyber controls, and/or robotic process automation (RPA) tools is a plus.
* Assists in the design, development, and maintenance of a comprehensive corporate audit plan.
* Reviews or prepares details of plans for performing individual, systems-related audits including objectives, procedures, budgets, and schedules.
* Manages the activities of assigned Internal Audit team members by clarifying audit objectives, approving individual procedures, interpreting policy, and assisting in the resolution of unusual technical problems.
* Leads the presentation and review of audit findings with key members of operating management.
* Recommends and explores alternative courses of action for correcting control weaknesses, resolving operating problems, or improving performance.
* Analyzes actions initiated or proposed in response to audit recommendations. Monitors the completion of corrective actions and, as necessary, advises management of non-compliance.
* Maintains and updates, as necessary, the operations' audit plan and program.
* Oversees reviews of cable system operations to ensure internal operations control compliance.
* Establishes working relationships with key technology personnel throughout the Company to sufficiently gain respect and understanding while maintaining an objective focus.
* Manages the life cycle of technology audits, which assess the design adequacy and operating effectiveness of technology controls. Ensures proper focus, pace, and execution of all audit activities. Manages Internal Audit resources throughout each project, including on the job training and development of Internal Audit staff.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...