- $150,470.00 -150,470.00/year*
1103 Market St
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast Reliability Engineering is looking for an API developer (MuleSoft or AWS API Manager experience preferred) responsible for the design, development, and delivery of an API services library to integrate with ServiceNow and a variety of other operational applications and platforms. Familiarity with Network Principles (Devices, Topology, Transport, etc.) and related ITIL Foundations concepts are required.
This API developer will lead the implementation of API services in a standardized framework that has been optimized to meet the operational performance requirements for the ServiceNow platform as well as multiple other operational tools. Data accuracy, quality, and timeliness are critical KPI measurements for this role. This will include the implementation of sound architecture, design, and development standards. He/she has the experience to design the optimal performance strategy, and manage the technical delivery across multiple platforms.
* Technical hands-on candidate whose primary responsibility will be designing, developing and testing solutions to integrate with disparate business services
* Lead API lifecycle development; responsible for software development and code quality
* Promote secure and patterned coding practices
* Familiar with internal business service standards to promote reuse across the organization
* Coordinates with backend services (specifications, timelines, abilities, service level agreements, etc.) and drives end-to-end service integration.
* Responsible for mapping, designing spec for transformation between API Gateway and backend service
* Works closely with business partners, architect and technical groups to review, design, and implement requirements and strategy.
* Communicate operational level agreements (OLA) & service level agreements (SLA) to Reliability Engineering Operations teams
* Minimum of 7+ years professional experience in software development
* Strong communication skills and track record of partnership across organizations
* Track record of managing multiple priorities and competing demands
* Requires working knowledge of Network principles (Devices, Topology, Transport, etc.)
* 5+ years of RESTful or SOAP web service deployment
* 2+ years experience with API Gateway products, especially MuleSoft Anypoint Studio or similar integration platform.
* Experience in high volume or critical production service environment
* HTTP REST concepts, JSOPN, JSON schema, JSON REST specification, RAML
* Scripting languages-Python, Go, NodeJS, PHP and/or PERL
* Experience with both SQL and NoSQL
* Experience with API Manager and the supporting tools (Governance, Carbon)
* Good knowledge on design principles and best practices in implementing REST APIs
* Fluent with Linux and UNIX fundamentals
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience required
* Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
* Engineering, Computer Science
* Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Associated topics: application architect, c#, design pattern, devops, expert, java, perl, php, senior software developer, senior software engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...