This individual will play a key role within Comcast Business by providing best in class customer solutions and technical sales support for the account management team and as part of the Managed Enterprise Solutions Sales organization.
The individual helps close customer opportunities by providing engineering support within the larger sales engineering organization.
Individual will assist in developing solutions with Comcast's full suite of WAN and Managed Network Services partnering with other Sales and Solutions Engineering team members across the country.
This particular role requires detail oriented telecommunications engineering skill sets and an understanding of access and networking technologies, physical and logical WAN topologies, site serviceability and other engineering/design/sales quoting tools.
Responsible for providing subject matter expertise on the design and implementation of complex data network and voice solutions for our Managed Enterprise Solutions business customers. Works as a collaborative member of the sales team to market and sell the Company's product lines. Provides insight to customers on current network solutions. Works closely with the account management team on presentations and the technical design of new and existing customer base. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
The individual will act as a technical resource on sales quote development, customer opportunity site analysis and provide internal sales engineering tool expertise.
* Provides timely, technical support and problem resolution for field service questions.
* Supports Sales team with product modifications and engineering expertise for custom projects.
* Develop and or have working knowledge of legacy Contingent contracts and processes in order to create Managed Enterprise Solutions SOW
* Compiles technical data, aids in reporting and produces information for presentation to leadership.
* Serves as Subject Matter Expert on MES Business products.
* Assists on designing solutions for the customer that meets their business applications, as well as assures protected circuit design, disaster recovery situations, and appropriate bandwidth for future growth.
* Translates complex technical design requirements into information that internal sales, support and customers can understand and respond to.
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
* Minimal travel required.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Years of Experience
* Generally requires 7+ years related experience
* Background in design and deployment of complex optical, data, video and voice networks highly preferred.
* Experience with the following:
* MAN/WAN technologies including Carrier Ethernet, SD-WAN, IP-VPN/MPLS, Wavelength and SONET