- $95,660.00 -139,760.00/year*
1103 Market St
Locations: Philadelphia PA and Austin, TX
Comcast shapes the future at the intersection of media and technology. We create world-class experiences that people love and trust and drive innovation that builds value. Comcast brings to life the best of what's to come. Comcast brings Entertainment, Internet, Voice, and other services to the customers via the largest footprint of networks in the United States. 20M+ On-Demand video are streamed daily, 8200 Video and Audio Channels are streamed daily across the country, 167M+ phone calls are made and 153M messages are send daily on our network. Comcast supports more than 800K route miles of network pipeline.
The Digital Home Network Connectivity and Security Operations team delivers tools and technology to support engineering teams developing services & applications that power xFi, Xfinity Home Security and Digital Home automation. We are a team of engineers that are driving to a culture of SRE where we have a mix of responsibilities to create tools and platform services, as well as providing support so production services are running 24/7 to delight our customers. Some of the examples of the work we do are: Designing and implementing cellular network connectivity for Xfinity Home Security; Developing an API Gateway solution for Digital Home services and ensuring its 24/7 uptime; Cost optimization of services running in public/private cloud environments. As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be a full-time contributor to the team, working on cutting edge technology stacks that impacts and delights millions of Comcast customers.
We are seeking a Principal Software Engineer to help develop tools to support our security and network infrastructure for the Digital Home. Come join us!
* Producing technical designs and documentation at varying levels of granularity.
* Performing code reviews and providing technical guidance to the team.
* Observing operational bottlenecks in the workflow and applying engineering practices to eliminate or reduce them.
* Collaborating with peer and stakeholder teams to provide outstanding customer service.
* Providing guidance and accepting accountability for the performance and reliability of the networking and security services for Digital Home; ensures that failures are rectified in a timely manner.
* Performing analysis and optimization of production systems.
* Planning and designing scalable solutions.
* Driving issues to closure: engaging all appropriate resources, leading technical bridges and providing troubleshooting direction. Functioning with great autonomy and independently providing guidance and recommended solutions to complex technical issues within and outside of the team.
* Advocating for internal/external customers' business needs-must influence and drive Comcast executives to make new investments in technology and opportunities. Serving as internal expert within team relative to the most complex development problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
* Providing functional, team, and program leadership on a regular basis on multiple projects, spanning different engineering disciplines within the organization. Taking the lead on developing new principles and concepts.
* 10+ years of industry experience
* Broad technical proficiency, with a thirst for knowledge, and a 'can do' attitude
* Solid scripting & development language skills (bash, Go, Java, Python)
* Experience with AWS services
* Proficient in Linux command Line and infrastructure-as-code tools Ansible and Terraform.
* Familiarity with continuous integration/deployment processes and tools (Git, Concourse CI)
* Ability and readiness to quickly learn new technologies.
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to articulate technology concepts to non-technical audiences
* Demonstrated ability to quickly understand business requirements, propose reference architectures, and possible technology solutions. Must be capable of presenting options and weigh implementation options.
* Ability to comfortably work in a fast-paced agile environment. Requirements change quickly and our team needs to constantly adapt to moving targets.
Bonus Points for:
* Familiarity with Scrum and Kanban project methodology and practices
* Experience with Datadog and CloudWatch monitoring systems
* Understanding of Docker container technology.
* Knowledge of OSI network layers, TCP/IP, Firewalls, traffic shaping, and load balancing.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Associated topics: algorithm, back end, c#, developer, java, php, programming, sde, software development engineer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...