1103 Market St
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for promoting the use of industry and Company technology standards. Monitors emerging technologies/technology practices for potential use within the Company. Designs and develops updated infrastructure in support of one or more business processes. Helps to ensure a balance between tactical and strategic technology solutions. Considers business problems \"end-to-end\": including people, process, and technology, both within and outside the enterprise, as part of any design solution. Mentors, reviews code and verifies that the design best practices and architectural guidelines are adhered to. Identifies and drives issues through closure. Speaks at conferences and tech meetups about Comcast technologies and assists in finding key technical positions.
CXHub Core Platform team is a fast-moving group of world-class infrastructure engineers who are innovating in delivering software-defined infrastructure services and platforms. We support CX Personalization program which aims at making customer experience the best product for Comcast customers. We are a team that thrives on big challenges, results, quality, and agility.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions and experience leading deep architecture discussions. As a key member of the team, you will build strong partnership with multiple engineering teams and architects to drive platform deliveries in a consistent manner. Success in this role is characterized by the overall platform performance, reliability, security, and scalability. Success can also be measured by the overall cost savings and the effectiveness of cloud governance.
* Work directly with the software engineers to define infrastructure technical specifications based on conceptual design and business requirements.
* Assist with the design and implementation of security and forensics capabilities to ensure governance across multiple AWS accounts.
* Support engineering teams in the areas of design reviews, secure coding practices, vulnerability assessments and remediation.
* Implement a SecOps mindset across software development lifecycle
* Partner with engineering, architecture, and product teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of cloud services.
* Create platform and other application prototypes, publish design patterns, and speak internally and publicly
* Evaluate new and emerging technologies, services, tools, and multiple cloud vendors for innovative new capabilities
* Ensures solutions are well engineered, operable, maintainable, and delivered on schedule. Develops, documents, and ensures compliance with best practices including but not limited to the following Comcast & AWS cloud standards, automation, platform and framework specific design concerns.
* Influence cultural changes based on strategic initiatives
* Develop strong and trusting relationships with engineering teams and senior leadership
* Monitors current and future trends, technology and information that will positively affect organizational projects; applies and integrates emerging technological trends to new and existing systems architecture. Mentors team members in relevant technologies and implementation architecture.
* Contributes to the overall system implementation strategy for the enterprise and participates in appropriate forums, meetings, presentations etc. to meet goals.
* Gathers and understands client needs, finding key areas where technology leverage is possible to improve business processes, defines architectural approaches and develops technology proofs. Communicates technology direction.
* Monitors the project lifecycle from intake through delivery. Ensures the entire solution design is complete and consistent from the start and seeks to remove as much re-work as possible.
* Applies new and innovative ideas to old or new problems. Fosters environments that encourage innovation. Contributes to and supports effort to further build intellectual property via patents.
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Demonstrated experience with \"Platform as a Service\" (PaaS) architectures including strategy, architectural patterns and standards, approaches to multi-tenancy, scalability, and security.
* Demonstrated experience with cloud automation technologies including Terraform, Cloud Formation, AWS Config and Kubernetes.
* Design & deploy cloud platform capabilities using AWS (full stack network, load balancing, DNS, security, databases etc.).
* Experience serving as a DevSecOps champion.
* Experience with automating monitoring tools similar to DataDog, CloudWatch, PagerDuty etc.
* Working knowledge of Big Data platforms like Kafka, Kinesis, Apache Flink, DynamoDB is a must.
* Experience with AWS security tools like Trusted Advisor, GuardDuty, KMS, Shield is highly desirable.
* Knowledge of web services OAuth frameworks like Websec, OAuth zero etc. is preferred.
* Product Management experience is highly desired
* Staff/People Management experience is highly desired
* Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
* Engineering, Computer Science
* 11+ years in Software Engineering Experience
* 4+ years in Technical Leadership roles
* 4+ years in Cloud Infrastructure
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Associated topics: equipment, http, infrastructure architect, maintain, maintenance, principal systems engineer, senior engineer, senior system engineer, system integrator, systems integration architect
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...