- $95,660.00 -139,760.00/year*
1103 Market St
Comcast is in the process of constructing a converged orchestration layer of web based services for use by Comcast behind its key frontline employee and customer facing systems. The converged orchestration platform (code name \"Convoy\") will consolidate multiple legacy service based platforms into a single strategic cloud and micro-service based product that will accelerate delivery of new business features while reducing complexity and operational overhead.
* Spring and Spring Boot
* Caching frameworks (Hibernate, Hazelcast, JPA, etc.)
* Web based services (REST, SOAP)
* Relational/SQL (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
* NoSQL (Couchbase, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, etc.)
* Messaging (JMS, Kafka)
* Agile/Scrum Experience
* PaaS (Cloud Foundry) a plus
* Public Cloud (AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure) a plus
* Decision Engines (DROOLS, Neo4j) a plus
Education Level:-Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study:-Engineering, Computer Science
Years of Experience:-Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
* Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
* Assists in the design of new software solutions, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Develops software update process for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out of software releases.
* Responsible for the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
* Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
* Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development Engineers.
* Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification, and within budget.
* Participate in unit, functional, end-to-end, and performance testing of platform components and services.
* Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, and skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
* Displays expertise in process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Associated topics: algorithm, application, backend, back end, c#, java, php, sdet, software development engineer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...