1103 Market St
The NGAN Sr. Manager of Operations is part of the Operations, Product, Strategy and Execution management team that is responsible for managing projects, tracking service metrics, improving ITIL processes and fixing reliability issues. This position will lead the team ensuring that all processes are aligned across NGAN organizations and work closely with Development, Deployment, Incident, Problem, Quality, Program, Product and Management teams. This role will be responsible for a group that support the Next Generation Access Network products with the following responsibilities:
* Platform Stand up
* Change implementation
* Problem Management
* Incident Mitigation
Work is performed in a 24/7 operatoins environment. Must be available to work weekends and holidays on an on call bassis.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
* Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
* Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
* Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
* Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
* Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
* Drive results and growth
* Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
* Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
* Work closely with Development, Deployment, Incident, Problem, Quality, Program, Product and Management teams.
* Partner with Division and Regional Engineering teams for Product reliability improvements.
* Implement market leading process and operational strategies.
* Foster a culture of continuous improvement and employee engagement.
* Monitors technical and engineering progress to ensure strategies, goals, and objectives are met. Aligns operational plans with business objectives. Communicates changes to all affected personnel.
* Ensures effective implementation of the department budget. Prepares financial statements and monthly forecasts and reports them to management.
* Prepares and analyzes monthly financial performances and makes budget and new technology recommendations.
* Monitors capital and operating expenditures and makes recommendations as necessary.
* Manages and forecasts resource needs to meet departmental objectives. Recommends action plans or solutions to management.
* Ensures that all regional technical performance complies with industry and Company technical requirements.
* Applies industry standards in daily operations and ensures that they are consistently met and that technical operations comply with system, region and OSHA safety programs.
* Develops, trains, mentors and motivates staff members in accordance with best practices and procedures developed by management.
* Makes business-impacting decisions on the ground floor of department operations.
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
* Engineering, Computer Science
* Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
Additional Desired Qualifications:
* Cloud infrastructure experience a plus.
* Proven experience and skill with network troubleshooting and configuration.
* Proven experience and skill with server hardware and software troubleshooting.
* Experience defining, implementing, and monitoring IT service level processes.
* Experience working in a large and complex operations environments.
* Experience managing services in 5+ data center is a plus.
* Exposure and familiarity with new product integration.
* Essential Job Function
* Excellent customer service skills with a professional demeanor. Must at all times be able to communicate clearly with all levels of employees, external vendors and management teams
* This candidate must be able to adapt and switch between management and Product subject matter expert responsibilities.
* Excellent organizational, problem solving and project management skills.
* Ability to achieve specific results with little direction.
* Ability to work under pressure being adaptable and responsive to organizational requirements.
* Maintain high degree of self-motivation and independent decision making.
* Ability to work and derive creative and practical solutions to complex problems in independent work environment.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...