- $219,000.00 -219,000.00/year*
1103 Market St
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, ENTERPRISE DATA GOVERNANCE
Comcast is expanding our world-class Data Experience team! The Executive Director, Enterprise Data Governance, will partner with teams across the organization to implement a Data Governance program to help manage 'Data as an Asset.' This position will be responsible for helping design and implement the program in several stages as part of a strategic plan to continue transforming Comcast into a data driven organization. Executive Director of Data Governance is responsible for the management and execution of the data governance aspect of the firm's overall data strategy. A primary focus of the role is to pivot to a risk-based, business aligned function that drives ownership and accountability for data across defined enterprise data domains. Further, this role would collaborate across senior business (VP, SVP) and IT leaders to develop and implement appropriate policies and standards around data domain ownership/management; define and lead analytics governance process and support the development and implementation of a multi-year enterprise data governance strategy for both data and analytics, to include the establishment of a measurable operating model(s). This role would also be responsible for managing and developing data governance resources with required business and technical skills and advance data management capabilities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Partner across business areas and domains to establish and enforce formal data governance policies, practices and standards across targeted data domains. Support Consumer Privacy Program to ensure both strategic and immediate operational needs.
* Assist in defining and implementing enterprise data management strategies and processes to effectively govern enterprise data including both the accountability model and data policies/standards. Build and effectively deliver an associated data governance roadmap. Facilitate, foster and mature federated proactive approach to data governance.?
* Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability across teams. In addition, he/she will have a key role in guiding and influencing various stakeholders across the organization to achieve the goals defined in the enterprise data governance and enterprise data management strategies.
* Work hand in hand with the Data Stewardship and Transformation teams to formulate strategies and effectively help transform the enterprise in leveraging our universal data environment.
* Define and maintain a new Data Domain taxonomy and structure to include prioritization and roadmap for implementation of data domain governance practices
* Implement and integrate data governance tools spanning across a variety of teams throughout the enterprise to measure data quality and improve related metrics.
* Assist in the creation of a Data Quality Center of Excellence to reinforce enterprise standards and create DQ awareness and self-service capabilities. Identify and track data quality issues and manage remediation plans with upstream source systems/platforms. Partner with teams to ensure incremental progress is achieved.
* Lead the development and operationalizing of an end-to-end data issue management process that supports the data risk taxonomy and identifies the best approach for resolving data quality issues. Establish a data risk taxonomy that raises the profile of data and provides transparency into how data drives risk across the organization.
* Strengthen and drive a new approach to data domain governance and the adoption of common data management practices and standards across defined data domains. Support the data domain owners and stewards in the application, development and promotion of data governance practices that will enhance the business value of their data assets
* Lead key data governance committees and working groups in the execution and implementation of data related activities. Communicates across departments and enterprise data stewards on data governance related content and lifecycle issues.
* Provide ongoing visibility into data related risks across the enterprise and partner with stewards and other business/IT stakeholders to support operational risk reporting and audit situations.
* Identify opportunities to enhance operational effectiveness / efficiencies to support the overall Enterprise Data Strategy and Plan priorities and objectives.
Functional areas: data modeling, meta data management, master data management, day to day operation for data quality standards
* 10 years experience as a data architect working with both large operational and data warehousing environments
* 10 years experience with conceptual and logical data modeling (relational and dimensional) and working knowledge of ontological and taxonomic concepts
* 5 years of demonstrated experience leading a successful enterprise data governance program
* Ability to lead a high performing team in driving performance and deliverables
* Ability to work effectively across a matrixed environment and influence without formal authority
* Ability to lead change and inspire flexibility amongst various teams
* Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
* Knowledge of tools to query and manipulate data in varying file formats including Teradata, Hadoop and other databases
* Knowledge of programming and the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
* Analytical with strong problem solving ability
* Ability to conceive and portray the big data picture and be able to develop an end-to-end vision for the enterprise
* Knowledge of industry best practices, master data management (MDM), data governance, established data management principles and techniques, and emerging data and reporting technologies
* Working knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) system implementation and approaches
* Excellent communicator with the ability to express complex technical information in understandable user-friendly language and style
* Understanding of the importance of maintaining the physical and technical security and privacy of data
* Embraces agile project management, and understands critical roles of requirements gathering, design, test, and validation techniques
* Bachelor's degree required with related experience
* MBA or MS preferred
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Associated topics: chief executive, corporate development, district manager, executive, executive director, executive vice president, general manager, manager i, manager iv, regional vice president
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...