- $95,660.00 -139,760.00/year*
1103 Market St
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Senior Software Support Engineer will actively contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation and support of highly scalable client-server based software applications. This hands-on, customer impacting, position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of client-server application software development, as well as demonstrated experience successfully prioritizing, planning, organizing and executing software development projects in a fast paced dynamic environment.
Responsible for the triage of reported production software issues, identifying defects, providing well considered patches, as well as determining current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, selection of new concepts and methodology, preparation of technical requirements and software design specifications and development of major routines and utilities. Will work closely with multiple related yet diverse teams including various contractors and stakeholders (both onshore and offshore) to accomplish high priority objectives with an unfailing focus on customer experience and rapid turnaround.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
* Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
* Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
* Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
* Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
* Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
* Drive results and growth
* Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
* Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
* Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
* Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Develops software update process for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out of
* Trains junior Software Development Engineers on internally developed software applications.
* Oversees the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
* Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
* Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development Engineers.
* Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification, and within budget.
* Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
* Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, and skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
* Displays expertise in process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* 8+ years of Java software development engineering experience.
* Exceptional interpersonal communication skills: verbal, written, listening, including customer relationships.
* Strong ownership/leadership attitude.
* Experienced design and architecture knowledge, as well as familiarity with object oriented design patterns, Java, client-server / service development including threading (Executor), Queuing, and work with Futures.
* Critical thinker resulting in expert trouble shooting skills with an in-depth knowledge of debugging and logging tools in a multi-threaded environment.
* Experience with highly scalable client-server applications and distributed web service development (must have hands-on experience with RESTful web services).
* Experience with monitoring, telemetry technologies and tools.
* Experience designing, building and supporting APIs for third party consumption.
* UNIX/Linux background.
* Familiarity with Agile development.
* Familiarity with data serialization formats like XML, JSON and protocol buffers.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Associated topics: backend, back end, c#, develop, perl, php, python, sde, software developer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...