- $95,040.00 -138,910.00/year*
1103 Market St
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
* Diagnose highly complex problems and design long term fixes.
* Prepare written reports and other technical documentation necessary to communicate ideas, concepts, and details necessary to accomplish specific goals
* Contribute and lead the definition of operational and support requirements for new network related technologies and products.
* Proactively manage and monitor all production National CMTS environments for any issues using all tools and resources available.
* Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair complex DOCSIS 3.0, 3.1, and PON impairments.
* Actively work with engineering groups and teams to ensure proper understanding of all National CMTS initiatives.
* Must perform operational guidance towards other members of the National CMTS team.
* Plan and coordinate technical meetings to support company initiatives.
* Provides technical guidance and detailed support for National CMTS teams.
* Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance.
* Ability to work in a 24 x 7 environment, all shifts.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* 2+ years' work experience in ISP/MSO environment.
* At least 2 years of detailed hands-on troubleshooting of complex large scale CMTS /RF/ TCP/IP networks with a minimum of two years in an ISP/MSO-like environment.
* Extremely well developed communication skills and a customer-centric attitude.
* Advanced knowledge of the following protocols: DOCSIS1/2/3,ISIS,RIP,OSPF,BGP,SNMP,HSRP,IPv6, Multicast and other management defined protocols.
* Advanced understanding of ACLs, prefix lists, firewalls and other security methods and best practices.
* Advanced Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, IP Provisioning and IP Management
* Advanced knowledge of IPv6, VoIP/PacketCable, DOCSIS, and DSCP.
* Knowledge for QoS/DSCP infrastructure in support of VoIP services/products.
* Ability to troubleshoot complex network related problems escalated from other organizations within the company.
* Define operational support requirements for new network related technologies and products.
* Ability to review and create technical changes for accuracy and recommend changes to support operational guidelines..
* Detailed knowledge of Unix, Linux and Solaris operating systems.
* Knowledge of highly complex network infrastructures and multiple products residing on them.
* Bachelor of Science or Applied Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, military and/or industrial Engineering experience.
* Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Associated topics: bsee, design, dsp, image processing, msee, plc, renewable, rf, solar, wire
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...