1103 Market St
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Engagement Principal, Technology Audit Comcast Global Audit
The Comcast Global Audit Team (CGA) is a partner to Comcast's individual businesses including Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. CGA performs projects (engagements) year-round to help these groups understand and manage risks to their business and technology. CGA is a diverse group looking for strategic thinkers and analytical problem-solvers who have a strong desire to grow their careers within a world-class organization. CGA promotes a culture of integrity, encourages professional development, and provides career path options both within the CGA department and into Comcast's various business units.
CGA is comprised of hardworking, motivated, and skilled professionals who deliver the highest possible work quality in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment. The ideal candidate is committed to working with our business partners to develop cost-effective and innovative solutions. The Engagement Principal plays a leading role in all phases of the engagement lifecycle (i.e., planning, execution, reporting), demonstrates professional curiosity, has a continuous improvement mindset, and possesses the desire/aptitude to rapidly learn new skills. Individuals in this role are comfortable with changes in workload and/or focus of work and modify actions to suit business needs. The candidate will also exemplify the highest degree of trust and integrity by continually upholding CGA's core principles and professional standards.
* The Engagement Principal, Technology manages audit engagements across the Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal and Corporate organizations.
* Accountable for audit plan execution by managing staff during technology engagements of varying complexity and scope. Ensures all engagements are properly planned, staffed, performed and completed timely. Provides management oversight, training, review and technical guidance to the staff. Out-of-town travel approximately 25-35%.
* Proactively leads audit planning efforts. Defines project scope and timeframe for approval by CGA leadership. Ensure audits are resourced properly.
* Provides leadership and direction for the engagement team which may include multiple functional areas. Ensures that fieldwork is properly conducted and completed in accordance with the audit plan, staff is supervised, their work reviewed, follow-up work performed as necessary and that findings are communicated to CGA and client Management.
* Applies problem-solving methods and data analysis to identify business issues. Writes clear meaningful audit comments and recommendations for action by management. Ensures engagement reports are issued timely and with high quality.
* Demonstrates high quality verbal and written communication. Deals regularly with all levels of Company management throughout the engagements. Keeps CGA and client Management informed of engagement status and important issues as they arise. Presents engagement findings in a persuasive and confident manner; evaluates the extent of mitigating or compensating controls. Writes clear, concise, and meaningful engagement reports and issue summaries.
* Contributes to the operation and management of the Department in areas such as recruiting, staffing, scheduling, budgeting, presentations to management, and training. Fosters a team oriented environment that (i) develops a diverse and highly motivated professional staff with a passion for excellence, (ii) provides meaningful and challenging assignments, and (iii) recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
* Proactively develops business partnerships with business management. Considered a technical expert within their Center of Excellence and provides assistance to Company management, as necessary. -Assesses the impact of engagement observations and identifies themes across multiple engagement/entities.
* Maintains a continuous presence with clients by actively participating in key management meetings and strategic initiative steering committees in order to understand business strategies, challenges and risks.
* Stays current on changing rules and regulations both in the industry and profession. Identifies and communicates leading practices.
* Provides timely performance feedback to engagement team members. Serves as a mentor to staff. Provides coaching, guidance and development to engagement team members and direct reports.
* Pursues continuous professional development through training, certifications and education.
* Ascertains that company assets are properly accounted for and are adequately safeguarded from loss.
* Determines that accounting records are adequate, reliable and properly reflect the transactions of the organization.
* Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of financial and operational internal control systems.
* Conducts special studies of specific operations requiring the development of data, interpretation of intangible or unusual factors, summarization of findings and presentation of recommendations and suggestions.
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Educational, experience, and skill requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Information Systems, Computer Science, Accounting / Finance or other related field with solid academic credentials.
* Generally requires 10+ years related experience
* Minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience that includes IT audit, compliance or other internal control functions.
* Demonstrated team management experience.
* Experience with identifying risks and controls in regards to various IT related areas (e.g., application, operating system, database, and network).
* Knowledge of and experience with fundamental IT General Controls (e.g., user administration, change management, backup and recovery, program development) concepts and principles.
* Familiarity with Technology risk and control assessment frameworks (e.g., COSO, COBiT, ITIL, PMBOK and ISO 27000).
* Professional certification a plus (e.g., CISA, PMP, CIA, CPA, ITIL, CISSP).
* Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
* Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment with strong inherent project management skills, including: prioritizing tasks, balancing workload between multiple projects, anticipating next steps, adapting to changing situations and project scope.
* Willingness and genuine desire to tackle new areas and consistently challenging topics.
* Strong executive presence and demonstrated ability to develop and maintain executive relationships.
* Able to quickly grasp complex subject matter (both technical and business processes) and apply strong analytical skills and business orientation to assessing processes, risks and controls.
* Strong interpersonal skills required, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
Comcast is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Comcast via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Comcast HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Comcast. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Comcast as a result of the referral or through other means.
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace employer.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...