- $74,730.00 -113,690.00/year*
1103 Market St
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Engagement Manager, Financial Operations Comcast Global Audit
The Comcast Global Audit Team (CGA) is a partner to Comcast's individual businesses including Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. CGA performs audits and some advisory engagements year-round to help these groups understand and manage risks to their business and technology. CGA is a diverse group looking for strategic thinkers and analytical problem-solvers who have a strong desire to grow their careers within a world-class organization. CGA promotes a culture of integrity, encourages professional development, and provides career path options both within the CGA department and into Comcast's various business units.
CGA is comprised of hardworking, motivated, and skilled professionals who deliver the highest possible work quality in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment. The ideal candidate is committed to working with our business partners to develop effective and innovative solutions. The Engagement Manager plays a leading role in all phases of the engagement lifecycle (i.e., planning, execution, reporting), demonstrates professional curiosity, has a continuous improvement mindset, and possesses the desire/aptitude to rapidly learn new skills. Individuals in this role are comfortable with changes in work load and/or focus of work and modify actions to suit business needs. The candidate will also exemplify the highest degree of trust and integrity by continually upholding CGA's core principles and professional standards.
Engagement Managers are active members of the engagement team throughout each phase (i.e., planning, execution, reporting). With our quarterly engagement cadence and focus on diversifying our talent, Engagement Managers gain broad exposure to our businesses and processes through performance of the following responsibilities:
* Supervises an engagement team to conduct audits across operational, financial, and/or regulatory. Out-of-town travel approximately 50%-60%.
* Planning: Proactively leads the team in planning project scope and timeframe, based on client meetings, research and background information, risk assessment, and scope areas identified by the engagement team through the research and planning stage. Assists in leading the team in presenting project plan to CGA and Business Leadership.
* Execution: Responsible for managing team to complete execution of the audit. Keeps team on track to complete assigned scope areas and ensures that key controls are tested and all significant risks are addressed. Supervises engagement staff member's interactions with business management and helps team members to resolve issues.
* Reporting: Leads team in developing an Audit Report, which includes recommendations and action plans developed with Business Management. Reviews audit workpapers to ensure they are clear and well-organized and that they appropriately document the work performed. Writes clear and meaningful audit comments and recommendations for action by management. Ensures audit reports are developed timely and with high quality. Participates in presenting the Audit Report to CGA and Business Leadership.
* Development: Supervises engagement team members to develop audit and business skills. Identifies opportunities for improvement to audit methodology, tools, and training. Actively pursues Center of Excellence expertise in alignment with career goals; participates in CGA, Comcast, and other external community activities and service.
* Assists in the design, development, and maintenance of a comprehensive corporate audit plan.
* Reviews or prepares details of plans for performing individual systems-related audits including objectives, procedures, budgets, and schedules.
* Manages the activities of assigned audit team members by clarifying audit objectives, approving individual procedures, interpreting policy, and assisting in the resolution of unusual technical problems.
* Leads the presentation and review of audit findings with key members of operating management.
* Recommends and explores alternative courses of action for correcting control weaknesses, resolving operating problems, or improving performance.
* Analyzes actions initiated or proposed in response to audit recommendations. Monitors the completion of corrective actions and, as necessary, advises management of non-compliance.
* Manages the life cycle of technology audits, which assess the designadequacy and operating effectiveness of technology controls. Ensures proper focus, pace, and execution of all audit activities.
* Establishes working relationships with key financial and operational personnel throughout the Company to sufficiently to gain respect and understanding while maintaining an objective focus.
* Manages Internal Audit resources throughout each project, including the on the job training and development of Internal Audit staff.
* Contributes, as needed, in areas such as recruiting, staffing, scheduling, budgeting, etc.
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Educational, experience, and skill requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Accounting / Finance, with solid academic credentials.
* Generally requires 6-9 years experience.
* Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible experience including either knowledge cable operations or a combination of public accounting and/or internal audit experience.
* Professional certification (e.g., CPA, CIA) or advanced degree (e.g., Master's Degree) a plus.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment with strong inherent project execution skills, including: prioritizing tasks, balancing workload between multiple projects, anticipating next steps, adapting to changing situations and project scope.
* Strong interpersonal skills required, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
* Willingness and genuine desire to tackle new areas and consistently challenging topics.
* Able to quickly grasp complex subject matter (both technical and business processes) and apply strong analytical skills and business orientation to assessing processes, risks and controls.
* Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
Comcast is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Comcast via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Comcast HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Comcast. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Comcast as a result of the referral or through other means.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...