- $153,180.00 -153,180.00/year*
1103 Market St
The Director, Cable Technical Accounting, will serve as a subject matter expert with respect to the application of GAAP to transactions within the Cable Division of Comcast. This position will have responsibility for leading the processes and controls associated with the identification, documentation, communication and implementation of proposed and new accounting standards, accounting for complex contracts with customers and vendors, accounting for Cable Division acquisitions, standardization of accounting policies and practices across the Cable Division's domestic and international locations, as well as other new and unusual transactions. This position will also partner with the various Cable Division business units to evaluate the accounting impacts of contemplated contractual arrangements with customers and vendors and lead the evaluation of the accounting model applicable to new or emerging business lines.
* Research and evaluate the accounting for new and complex or unusual transactions, including contracts with vendors and customers and accounting model applicable to new or emerging business lines.
* Review contracts and develop accounting positions as well as lead partnerships with business unit finance teams in evaluating the financial statement impacts of new or proposed transactions.
* Lead the development of solutions or alternatives & drive issues through to resolution, including consultation, as needed, with Comcast Corporate accounting & our external auditors.
* Consult with business units and external auditors on technical accounting matters and the application and development of accounting policies
* Document and communicate the accounting for the transactions (both technical and operational accounting considerations)
* Lead the update & harmonization of accounting policies across the cable division.
* Proactively identify/research proposed new accounting standards and guidance (i.e. FASB, EITF, SEC and PCAOB guidance)
* Develop interpretations and communications related to new accounting standards and guidance
* Lead the implementation of new accounting standards, including evaluation and documentation of technical and operational accounting considerations
* Liaise with outside auditors on new standards
* Present and train Cable Division management and accounting teams on new standards
* Assist in the preparation of financial reporting disclosures (MD&A and Footnotes) for new accounting standards
* Other standard responsibilities associated with finance personnel at this level:
* Directs and oversees various Accounting functions including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and general ledger accounting and reporting. Directs financial planning process for budgeting, forecasting, and long-range strategies.
* Generates and distributes monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting. Reviews and analyzes monthly financial statements and explains variances to budget, forecast, and prior year.
* Directs and oversees periodic audits of key operational processes.
* Ensures legal and regulatory compliance to GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley for all accounting functions and financial reporting.
* Provides leadership and direction to the Finance & Accounting staff by setting goals, objectives, performance criteria, and departmental standards.
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study- Accounting, Finance
Certifications- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Years Experience- Generally requires 10+ years related experience, preferably public accounting with one of the Big 4 firms or equivalent public accounting & large, multinational public company experience
* Experience with performing complex accounting research and technical activities
* Excellent oral and written skills communication skills. Ability to interact with various levels of finance and business personnel and ability to explain complex accounting in a succinct manner
* Familiarity with SEC reporting
* Strong organizational and analytical skills
* Self-starter with ability to work on multiple concurrent tasks
* Strong PC skills related to all Microsoft applications, especially Microsoft Excel
Employees at all levels are expect to:
* Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for howyou do your job
* Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put ourcustomers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,and make them promoters of our products and services
* Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of ourgame-changing technology, products and services, especially our digitaltools and experiences
* Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and beingopen to new ideas
* Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working thatbrings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joininghuddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
* Drive results and growth
* Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
* Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and ourcommunities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Associated topics: audit, bank, banking, corporate banking, financial planning, investment banking, kpmg, pay, revenue, treasure
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...