- $95,660.00 -139,760.00/year*
1103 Market St
Responsible for Core Engineering for Comcast's Customer Experience Event Hub. Works to maintain and grow the capabilities of this real-time, self-service data ingestion platform. Leads the use of AWS, automation, full DevTestSecOps, and productization of additional features and platform offerings including event orchestration and machine learning operationalization.
Creates a culture of servant leadership, employee empowerment, continuous improvement and fun in the workplace.
Responsible for providing strategic leadership and executive oversight to all
aspects of the Software Development and Engineering department's projects
and activities. Develops and implements strategies and works with project
personnel to develop project standards, and performance metrics. Works with
Managers and Engineers to ensure all applications meet project
specifications and requirements. Provides leadership and direction for the team
which may include multiple functional areas. Develops
and implements strategy for functional area(s). May have responsibility
for developing and managing budget.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
* Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you
do your job
* Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers
first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them
promoters of our products and services
* Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game changing
technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and
* Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open
to new ideas
* Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings
more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles,
making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our
* Drive results and growth
* Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
* Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
* Creates and drives strategies in alignment with the Company's overall vision
and business goals.
* Works with project personnel to define standards and frameworks with
regards to coding, programming, and the general development of applications
for multiple platforms.
* Leads the Software Development and Engineering team in the development
of new software, real-time data and web applications, and leads the continued support for
existing applications and applications in development. Oversees
implementation initiatives, software updates, and the roll-out of new software
* Collaborates and partners across our large organization to prevent duplication of efforts and leverage the work of other teams.
* Works with Managers and Engineers to ensure all deliverables adhere to
deadlines, specifications, and budgets. Develops and implements performance
metrics. Reviews and reports on project progress to leadership team.
* Prepares and manages budget(s) and financial targets.
* Routinely analyzes infrastructure investments and identifies opportunities for savings.
* Owns and operationalizes an effective labor strategy.
* Continuously researches new techniques with respect to software technology
and coding practices. Works with the Engineering team to implement new
techniques that benefit the goals of the organization.
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and
weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level-Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study-Engineering, Computer Science
Years Experience-Generally requires 10+ years related experience
Compliance Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Disclaimer The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Associated topics: algorithm, c++, c#, java, perl, php, python, sde, software developer, software programmer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...