- $95,660.00 -139,760.00/year*
1103 Market St
Comcast is looking for a DevOps engineer to join RDK infrastructure team. As a part of the team you will be responsible for support of current RDK infrastructure which includes 500+ virtual servers located in 2 different clouds. It also includes support of number of services that cover Continuous Integration for RDK platform. The system is being actively improved in terms of security, scalability, availability. That requires a lot of automation effort and taking part in design discussions.
* Daily support of machines running. Monitoring, debugging, addressing issues appear in servers;
* Cloud services provisioning and administration
* Linux system administration which includes but not limited to setting up OS distros, security updates, packages, users, ACL setup
* DevOps automation of provisioning, deployment, monitoring processes to keep RDK infrastructure running
* 2+ years' Linux CentOS / Ubuntu distributives administration
* Practical experience with Amazon Web services
* Good at system shell, Python, Groovy scripts writing
* Experience with Apache Tomcat, Jetty, HTTP servers deployments
* Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL DB system configuration and deployments
* Experience with Fabric and Ansible automation deployment tools
* Experience with Openstack based clouds and services
* Experience with SELinux hardened systems
Employees at all levels are expect to:
* Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
* Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
* Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
* Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
* Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
* Drive results and growth
* Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
* Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
* Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and
technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration
* Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under
development, and customizes current applications. Assists with the
software update process for existing applications, and roll-outs of
* Participates in training representatives and operations staff on
internally developed software applications.
* Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements,
including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical
manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
* Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews
literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of
* Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and
guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as
a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development Engineers.
* Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit
specification and technical requirements.
* Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts,
skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering
* Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design
and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and
technical choices to internal audiences.
* Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
* Engineering, Computer Science
* Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Associated topics: .net, application, c c++, develop, java, perl, php, programming, software engineer, software programmer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...