Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast Technology Solutions, a division of Comcast Cable, brings innovations from Comcast to the advertiser, content provider, global operator, and technology industries providing solutions to our collective challenges and helping to forge a shared vision for the future with a portfolio of technology solutions for distribution, management and monetization of video content. Built on Comcast's know-how, proven facilities, platforms, and infrastructure, Comcast Technology Solutions offers more than 20 years of real-world broadcast and digital experience. We deliver technology beyond expectations to help customers develop new business models and transform the customer experience. We are looking for an In-house Counsel to advise on legal and compliance matters for our dynamic and growing company. In particular, you will help review, draft and negotiate agreements, including license agreements, service agreements and NDAs. You will also provide general legal guidance and assist the Chief Legal Counsel on a broad range of projects.
You are a gifted lawyer who understands business issues as well as legal ones. You are adept at identifying potential legal issues and managing the problem-solving and implementation processes with other areas of the company. While a command of the law is essential, the company expects you to provide advice based on a nuanced understanding of its business, personnel and industry, and to devise the best solution for a problem-not simply the best \"legal\" solution.
* Provide legal counsel relating to software licensing and general corporate legal matters. * Perform legal research as necessary to resolve legal issues and determine the appropriate course of action regarding a particular issue/case. * Draft legal documents including non-disclosure agreements, software licensing agreements, and service agreements, and review vendor and other corporate agreements as necessary. * Negotiate legal terms with customers and vendors, as applicable, and craft legal solutions relating to business concerns. * Consistently exercise sound judgment and discretion in all matters. Manage risk appropriately. * Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Other General Responsibilities:
* Provides legal counsel in a particular subject area of expertise and/or to a specific business unit or units. Dispenses legal knowledge and expertise impacting business operations. Works closely with front line management and staff. * Performs legal research when and as necessary to resolve legal issues and determine the appropriate course of action regarding a particular issue/case. Consults with and supervises outside counsel to develop legal strategies and resolve issues in routine matters. * Operates with a moderate level of supervision with no direct management responsibilities. * Carries out/performs duties consistent with strategic plans and directives as determined by more senior level management and attorneys. * Consistent exercise of sound judgment and discretion in all matters. * Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance. * Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary. * Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Generally requires 3-5 years related experience. * 3 years of experience with software licensing, software as a service, and/or a range of commercial matters related to mergers and acquisitions. * Experience supporting sales teams a plus. * Juris Doctor (JD). * Top law firm experience a plus. * Member of WA state bar or willingness to gain admission to WA state bar.
* Ability to understand business operations of Comcast Technology Solutions, and as needed, the greater Comcast organization, and the impact of legal matters on those operations. * Ability and confidence to work independently, ask questions to assess business and legal risks, and have the good judgement to know when to seek out advice and counsel. * Comfortable negotiating legal terms and conditions. * Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.