- $45,615.00 -100,550.00/year*
1103 Market St
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for performing preventative, diagnostic, and corrective maintenance of all audio and visual equipment; provides technical support in the daily operation of large computer controlled audio/visual and projection equipment. Works closely with digital content team to manage CMS hardware.
* Governance and standards definition of digital content media players, their software and the underlying hardware.
* Close collaboration with the digital content team to ensure the software can deliver on the experiences they design.
* Defines standards for installation, maintenance and retirement of signage equipment.
* Works closely with local IT and network teams to deliver an end-to-end signage platform.
* Ensure all digital signage systems are operating effectively and efficiently.
* Coordinate with internal stakeholders and external vendors to ensure platform stability and industry best practices.
* Troubleshoot digital signage hardware and other equipment issues.
* Perform basic network troubleshooting.
* Arrange for repair/replacement of broken equipment.
* Equipment inventory, auditing and asset management.
* Receive requests for signage hardware/software installation, assistance, and support from end users as well as diagnosing and troubleshooting problems.
* Maintain a high level of knowledge and proficiency related to current as well as emerging digital signage technology equipment.
* Design and develop signage rollouts for new locations and formats.
* Perform routine inspections and preventative maintenance towards A/V systems, projection systems and network systems.Inspections include testing, cleaning, replacement, verification and/or calibration of applicable control circuits/systems.
* Responsible for analysis and diagnosis of systems and components operational reliability, safety and serviceability of Audio/Visual equipment, projection equipment, and network equipment through improved diagnostics and engineering approved software and hardware revisions. This entails logical extensive troubleshooting, referencing of technical drawings/manuals, specifications and the CMMS system.
* Provide data entry into the CMMS system, logging of P.M. inspections, corrective actions, and/or repairs made while listing parts required to implement the repairs. Also complete hard copy P.M.'s and physical logbook entries.
* Performs modification to audio/visual equipment as directed by management; performs diagnostics and repairs to all audio/visual equipment as assigned.
* Standing for prolonged periods
* Hearing audible alarms, voice commands with background noise
* Use of hands and fingers to grip, pinch, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
* Climb Stairs/Ladders
* Ability to work at heights for prolonged periods of time including heights with or without railings or over open pits greater than 4 feet.
* Reach, pull, push with hands and arms above and below head
* Lifting and pushing up to 25 pounds with control
* Close vision with or without corrective lens. (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
* Distance Vision with or without corrective lens. (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
* Ability to work in varied light conditions including low or diminished lighting
* Ability to work in an environment with flashing lights including strobe lamps
* Ability to work in small or tight spaces
* Will require performing maintenance or servicing of powerized (energized) equipment (pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical) LOTO
* At least 5 years' experience in IT with a concentration on Digital Signage.
* Knowledge of and experience with digital signage, commercial display solutions, and/or interactive kiosks preferred.
* Experience with YCD (C'Nario Media Manager) and/or Four Winds Interactive (FWI).
* Strong technical aptitude and ability to translate technical concepts for non-technical stakeholders.
* Understanding of data streaming and basic network connectivity.
* Familiarity with codecs, compressions, HD/SD and display aspect ratios.
* Understanding of basic network protocols and terminology such as VLANs and TCP/IP.
* Basic knowledge of remote PC control software.
* Highly flexible and able to respond quickly to unforeseen changes in projects and stakeholder requirements.
* Self-motivated, results-oriented with fantastic time management skills.
* Excellent written/vocal communication and presentation skills.
* Must be comfortable working in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced business environment with shifting priorities.
* Occasional night and weekend work may be required to minimize user impact to signage changes.
* Must possess knowledge of audio and video theory as well as practical training and experience. Candidates should have advanced knowledge in the set-up and ongoing maintenance of A/V systems.
* Technician with formal electronics training and/or at least 5 years' experience in design, installation or maintenance of A/V systems preferred.
* Experience with 7th Sense Delta Media Server and Barco UHD Projectors preferred.
* Understanding of data streaming and basic network connectivity
* High School or Equivalent
* Generally requires 5-7 years related experience.
* Responsible for the end-to-end of lifecycle of content via the video and IP asset delivery platform and ensuring a world-class level of service.
* Reviews, edits and processes digital video assets, as well as, oversees the upload and transcode operations of such assets.
* Successfullyprepares all media and metadata, verifying incoming content and confirming receipt of content from the provider.
* Has developed specialized knowledge/skills in own area.
* May act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
* Performs daily system health checks and audits content delivery. Works directly with support teams to track and resolve content related issues.
* Validates content according to technical specifications. Delivers finished product to internal system for distribution within service level agreement. Provides quality control of content both inbound and outbound.
* Receives and processes media and metadata from content providers.
* Supports coordinators, ensuring that issues they identify are being resolved.
* Builds and maintains content partner relationships with their peers.
* Troubleshoots or escalates issues that occur within the VideoOperations value chain.
* Serves as internal customer contact for 3rd party content providers.
* Contributes and updates standard operation procedures and documentation of workflows and processes.
* Prioritizes, and processes incoming requests.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
* Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
* Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
* Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
* Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
* Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
* Drive results and growth
* Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
* Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Associated topics: automotive, calibrate, customer service, machine maintenance, machine repair, maintenance technician, malfunction, mechanical, millwright, repair
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...