- $95,660.00 -139,760.00/year*
1103 Market St
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Are you passionate about digital media, entertainment, cloud platforms and networking security? Do you like big challenges and working within a highly motivated team environment? As a cloud and network security software engineer at Comcast, you will drive the design and implementation of our hybrid cloud and on-premise network security orchestration and automation tools.
The team you'll be joining is a small and fast-moving group of world-class experts who are innovating in delivering hybrid cloud solutions and governance as well as software-defined network provisioning and security. We provide our customers with the network connectivity and security they need to be successful in their hybrid cloud infrastructure journey. The team's engineers are closely aligned with cloud, security and network architects to ensure our products and services consistently meet customer demands. We are a team that thrives on big challenges, results, quality and agility.
You'll be working with the best and brightest minds in Comcast to help build and deploy features on our cloud management platform, network security orchestration platform and cloud governance tooling that spans public and private cloud infrastructure. You'll drive technical decision making and implementation in how the platform integrates with cloud and network device APIs to provide appropriate connectivity, apply appropriate network segmentation policy and ensure that developer and security consumers of the platform have appropriate self-service management and security review capabilities.
* Design, develop, test, deploy, debug and document all software components in our network security orchestration platform, cloud management platform and cloud governance tooling
* Participate in agile project planning, estimation and retrospectives
* Work with teammates to develop and refine system architecture and design
* Contribute to user interface design and development
* BS in Computer Science or similar degree with some industry experience
* Experience designing and building software products that present practical and understandable solutions to complex problems
* Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and seek peer feedback to drive improvement in skills
* Practical understanding of IP networking and network security patterns
* Competent and confident working with one dynamic language and one compiled language. Ruby and Golang preferred.
* Practical understanding of cloud platform technologies, their use and features
* Experience with Linux, CLI/shell, Docker and Kubernetes desirable
* Experience building microservices and single page web applications
* Experience creating and managing projects in revision control, including git and Github
* Understanding of Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA and REST), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS)
* Practical understanding of HTTP, TCP, DNS, UDP, IPv4/IPv6 networking and protocols
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Associated topics: application, c c++, c#, develop, devops, perl, software developer, software engineer, software programmer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...