Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for overseeing technical expertise to ensure that voice
and/or data communications and network facilities are sufficient,
appropriate, and functioning along with ensuring that voice and/or data
systems perform at optimum and cost-effective levels. Determines causes
of system malfunctions and directs or performs corrective actions.
Handles highly technical complex problems and be called on to consult
for other projects. Viewed as a Subject Matter Expert within the
organization. Provides coaching to junior-level employees. Has in-depth
experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines
own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less
Additional responsibilities include:
Cisco CUCM, Unity and VoIP Administration
Design/support of server load balancing
Support of enterprise IP network schemes
Network SNMP, DNS and DHCP administration and maintenance
Cisco ACS, NAM and WISM administration and maintenance
Employees at all levels are expect to:
* Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
* Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
* Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
* Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
* Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
* Drive results and growth * Respect and promote inclusion and diversity * Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
* Participates in the design and maintenance of telecommunications
* Directs and performs installation of telecommunications/network and
* Develops and enforces policies, work instructions, and procedures in
support of Company requirements.
* Directs project team and provides leadership in completing projects. * Monitor system performance, troubleshoots outages, and manages vendors
to ensure optimal system performance.
* Ability to set-up, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot)VoIP products as well as Cisco routers, switches, VPN concentrators, firewalls, 802.11 wireless access points, and load balancers preferred. * Understanding of VMs. Familiar with Cisco and Juniper networks preferred. * Ability to assist with Avaya phone set installs, configurations and trouble shooting preferred. * Ability be able to support video conferencing products preferred * Wan network troubleshooting skills preferred * Cisco Switches and Routers Configuration experience preferred * Understanding of route tags and route filtering preferred * Understanding of transport protocols, routing protocols, and security/authentication protocols at all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP
Server and Data Storage Maintenance preferred
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Bachelors Degree or Equivalent * Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science * - Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Associated topics: field installation, field service, field service technician, field technician, install, installation, installation technician, mount, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.