- $145,590.00 -145,590.00/year*
1103 Market St
Clarivate Analytics clients are the trailblazers and risk takers who come up with life-changing ideas. We're looking for our own trailblazers to help us keep providing clients some of the world's most trusted brands, spanning scientific and academic research, patent analytics, pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence and IP management.
We're an independent owned company with a rich heritage and a bold entrepreneurial mission. If you're excited by the thought of helping people and organizations go from new ideas to life-changing innovations faster, we're excited to consider you for a position at Clarivate.
Clarivate Analytics is transforming the way we to create technology products that customers love, better and faster. As such we have an exciting opportunity for a Program Director to join our Web of Science Group (WOSG).
The Program Director is a leadership position with change, delivery and staff management responsibilities. The successful candidate will be part of the wider team to drive those transformational changes such as Agile transformation across the organization. Besides that, the Program Director will also be responsible for the successful delivery of all technology-related product programs and projects for the entire WOSG portfolio. These programs typically relate to the software product development and technology transformation initiatives and involve multiple globally located technology and business teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work with Technology and Product stakeholders to define, track and adjust Portfolio roadmaps, delivery approach, resourcing, cost and assumptions.
* Identify, manage and drive resolutions for Portfolio issues and risks. Remove impediments as needed.
* Lead Agile Transformation to improve transparency, productivity, predictability and quality of our product and product delivery.
* Setting up budgets, monitor and report actuals and forecasts on a monthly cadence, and resolve issues for the portfolio
* Manage, coach and grow team members including Program Managers and Scrum masters.
* Manage overall Portfolio intake rhythm, contribute to demand and prioritization management, including the annual and quarterly planning processes and ad-hoc requests.
* Define and manage overall Portfolio operating rhythm related to delivery, financials, reporting and issue resolution.
* Contribute to decisions on grouping/breaking down Portfolio work that minimizes and manages dependencies between initiatives and Projects, and maximizes value to customers
* Contribute to decisions on delivery approach of the Portfolio roadmap, such as team set-up, make/buy, internal/external sourcing, etc.
* Facilitate resource optimization analysis, proposal and decisions (people and funds) across the Portfolio, optimizing the value of these resources.
* Hands on management on critical and key projects and/or programs due to urgency, priority and complexity, and ready to dive in to solve project level issues if needed
* Portfolio level stakeholder management including Heads of Technology and Heads of Products
* Promote agile and program management best practices and drive continuous process improvements.
* Use standard tools such as Planview and JIRA to ensure portfolio are set up and run for both delivery and financial management
Education and Previous Experience:
* 10+ years in project and program management in software product development, with at least 5 years in program and portfolio management
* Track record of delivering multiple projects/programs within specified scope, timescales and budgets
* Track record of transforming program management organizations
* Leadership role and hands-on experience on driving agile adoption and creating self-sufficient teams
* Experience in leading and empowering cross-functional and global teams with diverse styles, skills, and abilities across cultures
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering
* Project Management Certification: PMP Certified Preferred
* Agile Certification: Scrum Master Certified Preferred
* Experience in setting up and managing a group of program managers and scrum masters.
* Strong Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), experience in driving faster release cycles, such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
* Experience in using Planview and JIRA is an advantage
* Experience in preparing business cases, management, approval and delivery
* A problem solver, self-starter and someone who proactively engages and make progress
* Great attention to detail and ability to jump to the lower level to resolve issues if required
* Strong communication, negotiation, influencing and conflict resolution skills
* Strong leadership skills and proven ability to understand the political climate of the enterprise and how to navigate the politics
* Ability to balance the long-term (\"big picture\") and short-term implications of individual decisions
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...