Position Description Benefits Supplemental Questions
Seattle City Light, a department of the City of Seattle, is one of the nation's largest municipally owned utilities in terms of the number of customers served. Over the years we have worked very hard to keep Seattle's electricity affordable, reliable, and environmentally sound. Today, City Light is a recognized national leader in energy efficiency and environmental stewardship.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, the Accounting Technician II, processes invoices, interfund billings, credit card transactions, and travel reimbursement transactions for payment processing; Processes Event forms and maintain reports in Excel; Responds to internal and external customer inquiries; Provides CCard and travel training, invoice payment assistance and back-up to the travel desk. Updates Accounts Payable process documents; perform and follows through independently with minimal guidance and effectively manage multiple complex tasks at any given time.
* Process invoices for timely payment to vendors and suppliers using the PeopleSoft system.
* Audit invoice pricing and totals, account coding, tax rates, discounts, pricing of invoices against purchase orders, blanket contracts, or related encumbrances. Reconcile invoices with receiving ticket, packing slips or receipts in PeopleSoft.
* Reconcile, review, verify, and correct entries, codes or documents prepared b others to ensure the accuracy of information.
* Communicate with vendors and suppliers, Material Controllers, City Purchasing buyers, other City employees and/or other City Departments to resolve discrepancies and answer questions regarding invoices.
* Responds to vendors and suppliers, City employees, and other City departments, to answer inquiries regarding invoice status.
* Work under minimal day-to-day guidance and perform multiple complex and responsible accounting supporting tasks, solving special problems, making reliable decisions, independently researching analyzing facts, and presenting findings upon which important or costly decisions could be made.
* Provides departmental procedures and guidelines to employees and vendors as they related to Accounts Payable, Travel, employee expense reimbursements to ensure compliance with IRS regulations, City ordinances, collective bargaining agreements, general accounting and bookkeeping standards, and other state and federal laws, regulations
* Other special job duties and small projects as assigned.
Qualifications: Experience: Requires two years of previous accounting and/or bookkeeping experience or one year work experience as an Accounting Technician II (or a combination of education/experience/training which provides an equivalent background required to perform the work of the class).
* Previous work experience with a combination of high volume accounts payable, employee expense reimbursement, and corporate credit card programs.
* Experience with reconciliations.
* Ability to perform intermediate Excel functions.
* Demonstrated work experience in coordinating cross-functional work groups and training groups on work unit policies and procedures.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
Additional Information: Job offers are contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by the employment process including the completion of a background check which includes criminal history and driving history review.
Want to know more about Seattle City Light? Check out our web page:
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.