Position Description Benefits Supplemental Questions
Seattle Information Technology is looking for a customer service analyst to provide technical support to customers of the City's Accela application. Accela is a critical business application used by multiple departments to manage permitting, licensing, inspections and code compliance. This position works on the Permitting Applications team, and works closely with departmental teams providing support to permitting customers. The primary responsibility is to provide excellent customer service in response to e-mails submitted through the Seattle Services Portal, working with customers by e-mail or phone to resolve any issues. This is a three-year Term Limited Temporary position.
Job Responsibilities: The Customer Support Analyst will perform the following work:
* On a daily basis, review incoming e-mails from customers and respond quickly to their technical support requests, including assistance logging into the application, navigating through permitting processes, or responding to trouble tickets.
* Respond to phone calls transferred from departmental customer support teams, related to technical issues.
* Maintain a list of subject matter experts, referring customers to these experts where needed.
* Contribute to FAQs and help-desk articles to allow customers to read and resolve their own issues, ensuring that information is available, understandable, and contributes to the efficiency of the permitting process.
* Where needed, escalate issues to Accela Tier 2 support analysts to resolve complex issues.
* Identify patterns in support requests, document resolutions in a knowledge base, and make recommendations for system improvements to avoid common issues.
* Follow established project or departmental review and approval processes and standards for all work.
* Support department goals in promoting diversity, race and social justice.
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
* Interest in improving the experience of customers who work with the City for obtaining permits and licenses.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* One year experience working with IT systems, including a working knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
* Two years of experience working with Outlook.
* Aptitude for self-directed learning and acquiring knowledge by trying things out.
* Ability to deal with stressful situations and to de-escalate potentially difficult conversations.
* Ability to work independently while maintaining appropriate communications with supervisor about progress and issues.
* Ability to effectively work in a multi-cultural workplace with a diverse customer base.
* Experience working with a variety of customers in a customer service role.
* Experience working with software applications with a public sector focus (such as Accela, Hansen or Maximo).
* Experience working in large teams, government and/or public sector.
* Multilingual ability a plus.
Associated topics: client, desktop, help, patient, pc, service, support analyst, systems administrator, technician i, technician iii
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.