- $74,690.00 -116,160.00/year*
Financial Services - Insurance
1103 Market St
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
If you're looking to use strong analytical and math skills in a competitive, fast-paced environment, a Risk Management Underwriting career at Cigna will allow you to do all this and more. Underwriters evaluate the risk of insuring a potential Cigna customer and use that information to set premium rates for insurance policies. As part of our internship program, you will directly impact our business on a daily basis, protecting Cigna's sound financial position which enables us to meet our financial commitments to our customers.
What you'll do:
Cigna's Risk Management & Underwriting Leadership Development Program (RULDP) is looking for motivated individuals to join us in the RULDP Summer Internship Program Explore. The internship is designed to further develop analytical skills and business acumen in a dynamic and flexible work environment. A great way to assess whether the underwriting profession in general and Cigna in particular are a good fit for you is to participate in our underwriting summer internship. This 12 week program from late May to early August will expose you to what life as an underwriter will be like and serves as a \"two way interview\"; we view the internship program as a source to identify RULDP full time talent. RULDP Explore Internship offerings:
* \"Real\" work: you will be assigned underwriting responsibilities and make a contribution to CGI goals.
* Intern Project: you will be assigned a project that challenges your problem-solving and innovation skills.
* Community: you will have the opportunity for visibility with senior management as well as one-on-one learning with underwriting professionals, who will share their knowledge, experience and assume roles as individual coaches and mentors.
* Speaker series: you and your fellow interns will be exposed to a variety of lectures and presentations given by members of the Cigna community so you can get a feel for the wide array of roles that exist in the organization and how they fit together.
* Compensation: earn a highly competitive hourly rate in addition to gaining valuable work experience.
What you need to do the job:
* Ideal candidate will have completed 3 years towards a Bachelor's degree (rising senior) in Finance, Business, Economics, Risk Management or related fields
* Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
* 3.0 GPA preferred
* High comfort level with math/numbers
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft office software, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
* An interest in pursuing a career in underwriting
* Customer-centric mindset
Locations: Bloomfield, CT; Philadelphia, PA; Franklin, TN; Chattanooga, TN; Overland Park, KS; Denver, CO; Phoenix, AZ; Irvine, CA
Think this opportunity is right for you? Please visit career.cigna.com and apply to job ID XXXXXXX
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna delivers choice, predictability, affordability and access to quality care through integrated capabilities and connected, personalized solutions that advance whole person health. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance.
Cigna maintains sales capability in over 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has 165 million customer relationships worldwide. To learn more about Cigna and review our posted job opportunities, please visit www.cigna.com/careers.
One goal of this internship program is to prepare and identify qualified candidates for roles with Cigna post-graduation. Therefore, this temporary internship is open only to individuals who are eligible for employment in the United States and who would not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy), childbirth or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: ...@cigna.com. Do not email ...@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...