It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
At Cigna we leverage advanced data science (DS), artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) through the use of centralized centers of excellence to help better predict our customers' health outcomes, advance affordability, quality and accessibility of the healthcare. This allows us to harness insights from the millions of lives we serve, helping our patient advocates and clinicians service our customers, ensuring they receive the best care from the highest performing medical providers. The speed in which DS, AI and ML are advancing means we are continuously learning and evolving our advanced data science capabilities.
Reporting to the Head of Data Science, the Delivery and Operations Lead is responsible for developing intricate knowledge of the Data Science management practices to support our ambitious growth targets, through strategic leadership and day-to-day operational management.
Business Strategy & Financials
* Shapes business strategy, priorities, roadmap for Data Science CoE, collaborates with Global Data & Analytics (GD&A) stakeholders on translating GD&A roadmaps into applicable Data Science CoE roadmap use cases. * Delivers on strategic roadmap, metrics, financials for department, headcount, and other operational initiatives. * Supports implementation of enterprise initiatives and ad hoc projects. * Ensures that funding and resources are prioritized and committed to complete actions and resolve resource gaps. * Works with Data Science CoE team and enterprise program management to optimize the operating portfolio of baseline advanced analytics, data science services and longer-term strategic investment.
Management Processes & Efficiency
Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Data Science CoE. Supports resource allocation and prioritization of ad-hoc projects and long-term use cases, collaborates with GD&A stakeholders and GD&A service capability teams.
* Determines prioritization recommendations and rationale. Develops recurring, transparent and standardized prioritization process, intake and prioritization forms, facilitates prioritization meetings vis-?-vis stakeholders, capability and technology teams. Assists Data Science CoE leader with meeting short & medium term priorities, as needed. * Ensures projects are delivered on time, within budget, and meets quality standards and customer expectations. Develops Data Science focused project tracking and documentation. * Identifies needs and requests staff and budget resources required to achieve project objectives.
Team Management and Leadership
* Supports Data Science CoE's hiring and staffing, to enable solutions design and delivery maximizing stakeholder value and objectives. * Works closely with extended Data Science and Data and Analytics (D&A) leadership teams. Shares accountability along with the DS Leaders and HR for optimizing aligned talent (working with leadership team and matrix partners as appropriate). * Creates, manages, and leads all pertinent meetings for CoE leader, staff, and related matrix partners (monthly, quarterly, annual, etc.). * Communicates broadly across GD&A, compiles information snippets, blogs and knowledge sharing modules on the topics of data science, machine learning, product management, relevant technologies and techniques.
* Quantitative degree (Economics, Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Analytics and / or Data Science) combined with Management background and education (MBA preferred). * The ideal candidate has some prior experience in analytical, data, information technology or data science field (minimum of 5 years), as well as prior health services or operations experience in managing multiple aspects of business operations, inclusive of finance, human resource and communications (7 + years). This leader must be adaptable and able to work under tight timelines both in hands-on delivery and strategic framework. * A proven track record within the project management field, with a particular emphasis on technology orientated projects. * Experience leading cross-functional teams (matrix) to deliver a defined set of outcomes and objectives. * Ability to run concurrent projects and be able to handle constantly changing priorities. * Demonstrable experience of forging successful relationships with stakeholders with the ability to maintain boundaries within a structured process. * Strong leadership capability with experience communicating, influencing and engaging staff, peers and stakeholders in the delivery of projects. * Experience delivering well-structured communication both verbally, in writing and through delivery of presentations. * Sound technical acumen, strong analytical and problem solving skills, focused and organized, able to work independently or as part of a team - inclusive in tight timelines and under pressure, strong leader who is able to positively influence others.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy), childbirth or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: ...@cigna.com. Do not email ...@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response. Associated topics: capital, commercial, consultant, credit, market, estate, gs 0110 12, insurer, investment, real estate
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.