1103 Market St
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Job Location: Hartford, CT, NYC, NY, Philadelphia, PA, Denver, CO, Raleigh, NC or McLean, VA
At Cigna we leverage advanced data science (DS), artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) through the use of centralized centers of excellence to help better predict our customers' health outcomes, advance affordability, quality and accessibility of the healthcare. This allows us to harness insights from the millions of lives we serve, helping our patient advocates and clinicians service our customers, ensuring they receive the best care from the highest performing medical providers. The speed in which DS, AI and ML are advancing means we are continuously learning and evolving our advanced data science capabilities.
Cigna's Global Data & Analytics (GD&A) unit offers solutions that provide actionable insights to internal and external business partners and customers that help reduce health costs, improve outcomes, provide financial security and measure and forecast business performance.
The role of Data Science Senior Manager, Geo Spatial is an opportunity to advance our Geo Spatial capabilities to support high value use cases, leading Cigna to achieve our growth goals. The Senior Manager is responsible for stakeholder and cross-GD&A collaboration to identify and quantify business needs and opportunities, manage the lifecycle of the geo-spatial work from ideation to delivery, design and execution of the action plans, working with Data and Software Engineering to deliver spatial applications utilizing server, desktop, cloud, and mobile infrastructure according to business needs.
The Senior Manager is responsible for leveraging large internal and third party data location data sources, as well as partnering with data acquisition teams to expand enterprise location data source assortment.
* Represent Geo-Spatial discipline at a variety of meetings, trainings and important events to further enterprise GIS projects and initiatives. Act as the subject matter expert for the organization on GIS-related topics and provide vision for GIS-related applications and solutions
* Assist in the development and management of GIS project plans including defining requirements, tasks, and resource assignments. Manage coordination with other entities both internal and external on GIS-related matters. Develop and manage an enterprise GIS, to include utilization of commercial-off the-shelf solutions for GIS.
* Align between complex business problems in healthcare and Geo-Spatial techniques and analyses to propose and execute solutions addressing the problems in the best possible ways.
* Focus on continuous learning & technical skill development through knowledge of new applications and methods.
* Contribute to evolving infrastructure to extract, manage and analyze data in a scalable way, and making use of this data to improve affordability and quality for healthcare solutions.
* Provide individual and team leadership to the GIS data science team and ensure they are growing their capabilities and achieving their career goals.
Please note-we are looking for GIS Data Science leadership experience from the following preferred industries: healthcare payer and provider systems, financial services, retail, telecomm and digital services
* Masters or advanced (PhD) degree in GIS or a quantitative field, as well as 7 - 10 years of progressive experience working in an Enterprise GIS role required. Relevant fields of study include Geo Spatial / Quantitative fields such as Mathematics, Decision Science, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics and Engineering.
* Previous experience managing data science teams directly, stakeholder collaboration and delivery of GIS solutions to non-technical audiences at an enterprise level for a large Fortune 500 company.
* Clear track record of success in operational roles taking ideas from concept to design to execution, and linking objectives and outcomes to strategic goals.
* Expert level aptitude with GIS Software including, but not limited to Esri / ArcGIS desktop & server products, MapInfo or equivalent GIS tools. Experience managing large datasets and web services including map, feature, image, tile cache, and geoprocessing services from development through production.
* Geospatial experience using libraries and technologies such as GeoPandas, GDAL, PostGIS, PySAL, etc. Dedication to self-learning and demonstrated ability of continuous learning and technical skill development of the new applications and techniques. Working knowledge of Python and R.
* Understanding of general principles of statistical and machine learning modeling techniques such as regression, decision trees, boosting algorithms, supervised/unsupervised clustering techniques and graph analytics.
* Understanding of concepts, best practices and working knowledge of delivery frameworks and open source tools such as Agile, Kanban, Git etc.
* Superior analytical skill combined with business discipline. Ability to perform insightful and actionable quantitative analysis. Ability to manage multiple complex projects while meeting all deadlines.
* Strong interpersonal skills plus an outstanding ability to build relationships and navigate within a complex organization. Self-awareness, maturity, ability to collaborate as part of the multi-disciplinary team. Ability to manage people to achieve optimal results.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy), childbirth or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: ...@cigna.com. Do not email ...@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...