1103 Market St
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The Category Management & Strategic Sourcing Senior Advisor, is a category manager, sourcing professional, senior negotiator, and project manager accountable for end-end sourcing and contracting for assigned internal clients across Cigna as it relates to the procurement of various categories used by Cigna's businesses globally.
This includes owning a Sub-Category for the Category Management & Strategic Sourcing Organization and driving sourcing strategies across the global organization for the assigned sub-category. The Senior Advisor will lead sourcing and negotiations projects of varying sizes including highly complex competitive bids and direct negotiations in multi-year agreements with suppliers.
The Category Manager will coordinate the involvement and requirements for all internal stakeholders including business, IT, legal, information protection, privacy and other departments needed to negotiate agreements. This resource must have experience negotiating complex agreements and the ability to negotiate multiple deals at the same time.
The Category Manager will negotiate agreements and that include the following activities:
* Identify opportunities to improve the sourcing approach and procurement process which could have significant financial impact on the organization
* Develops timelines and organizes internal matrix team to negotiate an agreement
* Manages day-to-day execution of sourcing process and facilitates involvement of expert internal resources
* Minimum of five to ten years in category management, strategic sourcing, supplier management, or similar finance functions
* Minimum of five years' experience negotiating, evaluating, or completing complex contracts
* General financial analysis skills and experience
* Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
This position includes regular contact with the following:
* Category Management & Strategic Sourcing VP & Senior Director and Director
* Expert Resources in Information Technology, Line of Business Experts; Financial and Legal Experts
* Internal Matrix Partner Managers and Specialists
* Business partner leaders
* Supplier negotiation teams
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy), childbirth or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: ...@cigna.com. Do not email ...@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...