- Ciena Healthcare Management
- $67,990.00 -94,620.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
589 McCormick Rd
The Laurel Way of Caring
Laurel Health Care Company is a national provider of skilled nursing, rehabilitation, sub-acute and assisted living services dedicated to one simple principle - achieving the highest standards of care and caring. We achieve this goal in partnership with our guests and their families, our associates and the communities we serve.
At The Laurels, caring is more than providing excellent medical and guest services. It's also being a companion, and treating each guest with the utmost dignity, respect and compassion. It's what we call \"The Laurel Way of Caring\", and it comes from within each one of us.
The Care Management Coordinator, MDS Coordinator provides oversight of the RAI process and conducts assessments and care plan coordination for those residents assigned. The MDS Coordinator supervises the Care Management Nurse, MDS Nurse, if applicable.
Some responsibilities of the MDS Coordinator include:
- Coordinates scheduling the RAI process with the interdisciplinary team.
- Completes the MDS, CAA s and care plans within regulated time frames.
- Assesses resident through physical assessment, interview and chart review.
- Interviews and discusses resident care needs with responsible party.
- Discusses resident care needs with care givers, including physician, nursing, social services, therapy, dietary, and activity staff.
- Reviews information from hospital, consults and outside agencies and uses such information in the completion of the assessment and care planning.
- Monitors interdisciplinary team to assure timely completion of the MDS.
- Communicates with the interdisciplinary team new resident care needs.
- Coordinates, identifies, and/or initiates significant change MDS
- Conducts a thorough resident assessment during quarterly reviews by interviewing the resident, staff, and family.
- Coordinates and conducts PPS meetings maintaining MDS assessments per Medicare schedule and maintains PPS log for monitoring of Medicare days and RUGs utilization.
- Maintains contact wih the American Association of Nursing Assessment Coordinators (AANAC) to remain current with requirements.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience as an MDS Coordinator or MDS Nurse
- Knowledge of the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) process, including the principles of the Prospective Payment Process (PPS) strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions, (word processing, graphics, databases, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in independent functioning and strong leadership.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Registered Nurse, RN with Michigan license
- AANAC certification a plus. RCT-CT
Associated topics: bsn, ccu, hospice, intensive, maternal, nurse, nurse rn, registed, staff nurse, tcu
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...