The Assistant Corporate Chef will lead, define, and articulate the culinary vision for Chobani and apply it to consumer, customer and employee events and activations. He or she will also be responsible for overseeing culinary operations at the Chobani Soho Caf?.
The Assistant Corporate Chef will work with the Culinary Events team to develop, test, and execute recipes using Chobani products in imaginative and unexpected ways to demonstrate the versatility of yogurt. You will work closely with the Corporate Chef, caf? management, and production team to ensure the culinary experience aligns with the broader creative vision of Chobani. In this role, you will develop and exemplify recipe creation, production, and proper cooking technique. You will demonstrate and educate caf? employees about kitchen operations and safe work practices. The Assistant Corporate Chef will also be responsible for keeping Chobani's culinary approach on the cutting edge of emerging trends and techniques in the food world.
This position will report to the Corporate Chef of Culinary Development and Events.
The responsibilities of this position include:
* Bring Chobani's vision, mission, and strategies to life through the curation and development of recipes for special event and caf? menus
* Standardize recipes to ensure consistent quality and execution at events and caf? locations
* Source ingredients and items to plate recipes
* Work with Corporate Chef to develop and train team of Culinary Event Associates; oversee the execution of all recipes at events
* Collaborate with creative team to ensure culinary vision is brought to life in photo/video shoots; this includes but is not limited to food styling and working closely with third party consultants
* Liaise with other members of the Demand team to ensure recipes capitalize on any seasonal items, new platform launches, etc. and identify additional opportunities to bring the Chobani brand to life via food
* Work with Corporate Chef to develop a seasonal menu for the caf?
* Conduct tasting and training for caf? management to prepare team for limited time activation
* Establish presentation technique and quality/safety standards
* Act as Chobani Brand Ambassador onsite at events
* Perform other duties as necessary
* Maintain an archive of recipes for use at events, seasonal caf? activation, and website and editorial platforms
The required skills for this position include:
* Culinary Degree preferred
* Minimum 3-5 yrs relevant experience
* Must display a passion for the Chobani brand
* Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Highly motivated flexibility in high-stress situations
* Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
* Strong time management and prioritization skills
* Computer proficiency
* Must be flexible to travel, as needed
* Must possess a strong work ethic, and be an enthusiastic team player
Since our founding 10 years ago, we've always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn't as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, and accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America and the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we're so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what makes Chobani a different kind of yogurt. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives and strengthen communities is what makes Chobani a different kind of company. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work? for the last two years, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, and a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.
Associated topics: cafe, commercial kitchen, culinary school, executive chef, head chef, pantry, pastry chef, pizza chef, service, sushi chef
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...