- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- $76,830.00 -117,070.00/year*
Healthcare - Physician
1103 Market St
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Speech/Lang Pathologist I
Philadelphia, PA, US, 19104
BUERGER - Buerger Center Ambulatory Care Req ID: 27170
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
Seeking full-time pediatric speech-language pathologist for our inpatient acute-care program in Philadelphia. Provide inpatient dysphagia, speech, and language services to a varied population of children with developmental, neurological, and medically based communication and feeding/swallowing disorders. Consult with medical and education personnel. Provide education and instruction to patients, families, health care professionals, students, and the community. Dysphagia and cognition/language experience required.
Provides evaluation and treatment of speech, language and oral motor function to an assigned group of patients. Provides consultation to medical, allied health, and education personnel. Provides education and instruction to patients, families/significant caregivers, health care professionals, students, and the community.
* Independently evaluates patients with known or suspected communication disorders (including speech, language, and oral motor dysfunction) using both non-standardized and standardized evaluation tools. Records evaluation findings according to Departmental and Hospital procedures. Refers patients to medical and educational services, when appropriate. Seeks support from more senior staff, when needed.
* Develops an individual therapy plan for each assigned patient which includes goals of treatment. Updates goals and records patient progress according to Departmental and Hospital procedures. Seeks support from more senior staff, when needed.
* Presents and defends evaluation findings, progress and recommendations to patients, families/significant caregivers, and health care professionals. Instructs family members and caregivers in home therapy programs. Consults with health care and educational staff to promote the patients' communication skills.
* Participates in Departmental or program-based functions (i.e., staff meetings, Departmental continuing education activities, work group meetings/committees, Quality Improvement projects, and equipment/supplies maintenance and ordering).
* Teaches within the Department, Hospital, professional community, and non-professional community. Provides consultative services outside of the Hospital setting.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
License in Speech-Language Pathology (within 3 months of hire)
CCC-SLP - Clin Competence in Speech-Lang
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Completion of Clinical Fellowship in pediatric medical-based setting.
Additional Technical Requirements
* High level of analytical skill in order to work independently to identify and plan for the resolution of problems encountered in clinical and research duties.
* High level of skill in various assessment procedures pertaining to speech and language skills in the pediatric population.
* Fundamental research skills including a general understanding of research methodology, design, and statistics.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Pathology, Neurology, Therapy, Medical, Pediatric, Healthcare
Associated topics: amp, anatomic, companion, diagnostics, hematopathologist, investigative, lab, laboratory, pathology, research
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...