Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
Support Construction Safety, Fire and Life Safety and Hazardous Materials programs for the Environmental Health and Safety Department. Conducts regular audits, inspections and training. Collates data and writes reports.
* Supports the Infection Control Risk Assessment program by conducting air monitoring, inspecting construction barriers, collecting and tracking data.
* Supports the Interim Life Safety Measures and construction safety programs by conducting contractor safety training, participating in rounds, audits and inspections, collecting and tracking data and preparing reports.
* Supports the Hazard Communication Program by conducting and reviewing departmental chemical inventories (including construction). Also will conduct audits of departmental chemical inventories (including construction).
* Supports the Respiratory Protection Program by performing annual fit testing and training to select Hospital personnel.
* Supports the Pharmaceutical Waste Program by participating in the characterization, collection and consolidation of pharmaceutical waste. Also will provide staff training and conducts regular audits.
* Supports the Hospital's Environment of Care rounds program by conducting rounds, tracking data and generating reports.
* Participates in hazardous chemical spill responses and incipient fire brigade.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
HAZWOPER - Haz Waste Ops and ER 24or40 hour
Required Education and Experience
Bachelors Degree Environmental Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Safety Management or related area.
0-2 years experience in industrial hygiene/safety field.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Additional Technical Requirements
Working knowledge of construction safety, healthcare environments, NFPA Life Safety Code, EPA, DOT and OSHA regulations.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Medical, Respiratory, Patient Care, Infection Control, Environmental Health & Safety, Healthcare