- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- $69,820.00 -96,690.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
1103 Market St
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
RN - Global Patient Services - Subspecialty Practice Nurse III
Philadelphia, PA, US, 19104
Req ID: 25201
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
Practices at the level of a competent to proficient practitioner of nursing. Demonstrates competence in caring for patients with complex problems, as well as complying with the administrative policies and clinical protocols as outlined in the policy and procedure manuals. In addition, demonstrates clinical leadership skills through contribution to standards of care and division goals. Serves as a role model for other staff and a preceptor for new employees and participates in endeavors to increase nursing knowledge. Administratively responsible to the Manager and Nursing Director for nursing practice issues.
* Follows Nursing Process to deliver safe care: assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
* Anticipates and synthesizes complex assessment data to best determine and influences total plan of care, pertinent data to be shared with care team, and tasks to be delegated.
* Collaborates with family, team members and other caregivers to coordinate all facets of patient care, planning with the multidisciplinary team.
* Manages care for complex patients and anticipates needs, delegating care as necessary to other team members.
* Identifies patient response, communicates changes to physicians, family and other team members and contributes to revised plan of care.
* Documentation reflects outcomes and appropriate revision of patient care provided and utilizes current hospital standards, policies and procedures.
* Role models appearance and behaviors that promote a positive image of Nursing.
* Role models how to interact with parents/patients and colleagues using respect and dignity while listening for avenues to improve on the ideal patient experience and anticipate patient/family needs.
* Demonstrates an understanding of the impact on the team by arriving to work on time; predicts challenges and obstacles and plans for how to minimize a negative impact on the patient/ family and colleagues.
* Provides an accurate patient status report to members of the team that reflects nursing interventions, patient outcomes and alterations to plan of care.
* Chairs and/or participates in unit/departmental Shared Governance councils.
* Facilitates and promotes change in the unit environment with a focus on improving the ideal patient experience.
* Leads unit improvements and measures outcomes.
* Assures that staff incorporates professional standards of practice and regulatory requirements into nursing care provided.
* Reads, analyzes and synthesizes nursing and other scholarly articles and research studies; shares knowledge with unit staff in a formal format.
* With assistance applies research findings to clinical practice.
* Seeks opportunities to participate in research studies or answer simple research questions.
* Identifies learning needs of self and others and assists in the development of a learning plan.
* Applies education and training from departmental in-services and external sources to unit practices to enhance Nursing practice.
* Assists in developing and utilizes patient education materials relevant to patient population.
* Participates in development/ presentation of staff education programs geared to meet unit and select departmental needs.
* Demonstrates health care informatics competency in order to manage patient care, outcome data and current and emerging health care technology.
* Participates in promoting quality, efficient and cost effective care.
* Monitors own usage of supplies and equipment/identify opportunities for improvement and makes recommendations.
* Manages own time to accomplish direct/indirect care in a cost efficient manner.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
RN / Temp Practice Permit
BLS Certification issued through on organization that requires a hands-on instructor lead psychomotor skills verification (ex. American Heart Association or Red Cross).
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Nursing Diploma.
Required Experience: Three (3) years pediatric experience required. Active membership in a professional nursing organization.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: BSN
Additional Technical Requirements
* Basic use of a computer (mouse, keyboard, printer, USB ports).
* Basic use of Microsoft Office (Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and Skype).
* Web browsing, intranet search, document access.
* Use of shared network file space.
* Basic use of patient facing technology. (e.g. IV pumps, point of care devices, CR monitors).
* Navigation and use of clinical communication systems.
* Determines the nature and extent of clinical information needed and uses the appropriate technology to access it.
* Accesses needed information effectively and efficiently.
* Evaluates information and its sources critically and appropriately incorporates it into clinical practice.
* Evaluates outcomes of the use of information.
Information Management Literacy
* Navigation of the electronic health record system.
* Ability to locate and review specific patient data in various clinical information systems.
* Effectively uses clinical decision support tools.
* Understands policies and procedures, confidentiality, security, and privacy regulations regarding the use of clinical information systems.
* Ability to collect clinical data using quality improvement tools.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Medical, Nursing, Information Systems, Patient Care, Healthcare, Technology, Research
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, care, coronary, intensive care, nurse, psychiatric, recovery, transitional, unit
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...