Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
This entry-level research technical role participates in a planned research projects by performing research protocols and experimental procedures under direct supervision.
* Performs routine tests under the direction of principal investigator or supervisor
* Performs research procedures on experimental samples as directed
* Records and checks results for completeness and accuracy
* Performs calculations and maintains appropriate log and lab notebooks
* Performs tasks that require familiarity with fundamental techniques and equipment
* Assists with planning specific research protocols and procedures
* Maintains office, lab area, reagents, supplies and equipment
* Cleans and performs routine maintenance on lab equipment
* Coordinates schedules of tests & procedures
* Attends courses, seminars, and lab meetings to expand knowledge of research and laboratory techniques
* Records results, organizes data and maintains lab notebook in an organized manner
* Conducts literary searches as directed
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Associates Degree or active enrollment in a Bachelor's Degree Program
Required Experience: Nine (9) months of laboratory experience
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Eighteen (18) months of laboratory experience
* Related internship experience.
Additional Technical Requirements
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Endocrinology, Medical, Patient Care, Healthcare, Research