ROBERTS - Roberts Ctr Pediatric Research Req ID: 27075
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
Work with minimal supervision to coordinate ethics educational programs to all levels of CHOP staff, with primary objective of fostering and facilitating ethical conduct both as a cultural norm and as a learnable set of skill. Administer training when appropriate and plan and coordinate activities by gathering course materials, identifying target audiences, and assisting in the development and preparation of training and presentation materials. Develop and distribute course assessment tools, compile pre- and post-assessment data and make recommendations to improve overall course effectiveness. Play a key role in program implementation by coordinating the scheduling of courses, identifying and contacting course participants, and handling course advertisement and registration. Serve as the liaison between presenters/facilitators and the Department of Medical Ethics. Maintain records of training activities, monitor and make enhancements to database for tracking training compliance.
1. Works with the Department of Medical Ethics (DME) Program Manager, Director, and other members of the DME staff in the design and delivery of programs that meet the ethics-related educational needs of the enterprise.
* Administers training when appropriate * Gathers course materials from institutional resources and web and literature searches * Identifies appropriate participants for targeted training; contacts participants in a reasonable amount of time to attend training * Analyzes pre- and post-assessment data from course evaluations and participant feedback * Assists in the compilation and reproduction of training materials; assists in the preparation of presentation materials * Identifies appropriate meeting space (e.g. size, room set-up) for educational activities
2. Develops and distributes course assessment tools and compiles pre- and post-assessment data
3. Plays a key role in program implementation of educational initiatives such as Ethics Brown Bags and the Annual Ethics Committee Retreat and special learning events.
* Coordinates the scheduling of courses * Identifies and contacts course participants * Handles course advertisement (e.g. flyers, email announcements) and registration
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
4. Serves as the liaison between presenters/facilitators and the Department of Medical Ethics
* Coordinates speaker calendars with educational events * Assists with the preparation of presentations (slides, tables, etc.) * Receives electronic talks, ensures presentations are loaded on computers
5. Maintains records of training and educational activities and makes enhancements to database for tracking training compliance
* Tracks completion of required trainings * Makes improvements to database as needed * Issues completion certificates upon requests
7. Performs related tasks as requested.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree plus 2 -3 years of relevant work experience or high school diploma and demonstrated success in a similar position for at least 5 years.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
* Graduate degree in bioethics, education, or organizational psychology or advanced degree in biomedical or health care area
Additional Technical Requirements
* Must possess knowledge of medical ethics, familiarity with ethics consultation and common ethical dilemmas in clinical practice, and the skills to facilitate constructive discussion of ethical dilemmas. * Comfortable relating to multiple levels of staff and leadership * Values diversity and demonstrates a high tolerance for interacting with people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives * Mature interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships using tact and diplomacy * Follows departmental procedures and policies * Participates collaboratively in staff meetings, committees, projects and teams to resolve conflicts and meet institutional goals. * Experience with basic or laboratory and/or clinical research. * Excellent customer service, communication and time management skills required. * Must be able to work effectively with minimal direct oversight and manage multiple projects with varying deadlines for several individuals. * Must be able to juggle multiple demands, work styles and needs. * Excellent writing and speaking skills; ability to speak and write clearly in a variety of communication settings; practices attentive and active listening * Demonstrated skill in use of Macintosh or IBM computers and with software including Word and PowerPoint including use of tables and merge documents, constructing charts and graphs, embedding graphics and objects, etc., internet searches
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Medical, Medical Research, Clinical Research, Patient Care, Research, Healthcare
Associated topics: academic, ad 1730 00, childhood, education, educational, education research, educational research, gs 1701 13, k 12, teacher training
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.