Research Data Analyst-Center for Pediatric Clinical Effectiveness
Philadelphia, PA, US, 19146
Req ID: 23195
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
Under direction, participates in planned research by analyzing, abstracting, entering and managing data in a research database. Monitors and maintains relevant databases. Also coordinates abstract writing and presentation of data as required.
* Participate in research by analyzing, abstracting, entering, and presenting data using research databases.
* Review patient charts and record and summarize data clearly and concisely with 100% accuracy.
* Analyze and abstract data with 100% accuracy.
* Enter abstracted data into database with 100% accuracy
* Coordinate abstract writing and presentation as required.
* Monitor and maintain research database.
* Act as divisional resource for research database management.
* Keep up-to-date with all possible database capabilities as well as related software and technology.
* Participate in clinical research within area and in other activities to support the project.
* Perform other related duties as a result of the research performed, such as literature searches, etc.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: BA/BS degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Information Technology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Experience: Two years of experience with clinical databases and clinical research.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Masters degree
* Experience managing and analyzing clinical trials data
* Experience managing and analyzing data from electronic medical records (EHR)
* Eamiliarity with research in the field of Oncology
Additional Technical Requirements
* Knowledge of medical terminology.
* Attentive to detail and data accuracy; meticulous.
* Ability to work independently with minimal guidance, exercising discretion and judgment.
* Able to work accurately, work well with others and pay strict attention to detail.
* Must be adaptable to do work which is varied and requires an intellectual and professional approach.
* Requires a high degree of flexibility of skills and hours.
* Experience with computer programs including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access preferred.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.